Q.

Member of the joint drafting committee on Lokpal bill, N Santosh Hegde, on Friday strongly disapproved of Anna Hazare's insistence on "having his way" in Parliament .
Hegde, a former Supreme Court judge who has emerged as the face of anti-corruption crusade in Karnataka, said the demand that "my dictum should be accepted by Parliament" is, in fact, demeaning to the Lok Sabha.
your views on this?

Tags: relationships, supreme court, member
Asked by Arjun, 27 Aug '11 04:48 pm

1.

In a democracy Parliament is supreme as every member in it i duly selected by the people to voice their needs .As long as they are within the framework of the laid constitution , it is fine . An individual to say that his views are to be accepted in toto is going beyond his brief . The recent exposure of scandals of Raja , Kalmadi ,Edurappa on corruption has pushed the public to lend a support to ANNA without any thinking on the subject . In any mass movement logic is far away form the group and so is in this case . Parliament should discuss his proposal threadbare and come to consensus before accepting/ modifying ANNA's view . Instead putting the gun on Govt's head and saying " All MPs are corrupt and take my dictum a s final " is going too far just because public are fed up with politicians in general .In my view , Unless every single citizen gets the support of people around him to protest against corruption then and there spontaneously so the corrupt dare not operate , corruption ...more
Answered by RAMASWAMY VENKATESH, 27 Aug '11 05:51 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I would have agreed to his statement in normal circumstances! but in this situation when government was trying everything to avoid, this was necessary I guess. Only he had guts to pull out such a coup and make parliament work extra just for a cause. loved to see MPs working extra time.
Answered by Insane Guy, 27 Aug '11 05:00 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

If anna has used these wordks , then anna has said something which CAN be termed as a wrong statement
Answered by rajan, 27 Aug '11 04:54 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Yes i second his Opinion , in a democracy it will set a very wrong example if a person force a constitutional body
Answered by Shatabdi Express, 27 Aug '11 04:49 pm

(1)
 (0)