Q.

English name of tree neem

About: Online oxford dictionary

08 Jan '09 05:24 pm

1.

It is called the Neem tree in English - (Azadirachta indica) and native to tropical South East Asia.
Answered by Janis, 08 Jan '09 09:08 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Indian Lilac, Margosa Tree, Nim, Crackjack, Paradise Tree, MELIA AZADIRACHTA AND AZADIRACHTA INDICA

I practically grew up with neem trees, Melia Azdirachta and Azadirachta indica. Neem belongs to the plant family, Meliaceae. In my native language Tamil, Melia Azadirachta is known as kattu vembhu (grows wild in forests, hence the name kattu vembhu; the Tamil word for forest is khattu). Azadirachta indica known as vembhu (Tamil name) is grown mostly in homes. My parents home in Chennai (formerly known as Madras), India, has a couple of neem trees. On hot summer afternoons, I used to sit under the tree and study for the final examinations in school. Indians believe that the breeze coming through the branches of neem tree has healing powers. The tree is known for its antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. Believe it or not, there is a popular belief that neem tree keeps the ghosts and evil spirits at bay! No wonder that almost every home in Madras has one or two neem trees ...more
Answered by Mallikarjun Patil, 08 Jan '09 05:30 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Melia Azdirachta and Azadirachta indica
Answered by Naresh Swain, 08 Jan '09 05:28 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by Sexologist