Q.

''Don't give me money to buy fish teach me how to fish'':-Providing a livelihood is hundred times better than alms giving '' Is it so ?

Tags: money, relationships, education
Asked by mrs mary joseph, 10 Jan '13 03:20 pm

1.

Yes, it is so. You give fish to someone, he will eat once or may share with his family but if you train him the art of catching fish, the next time he will go for fishing himself and get fish for his family and may even sell some for his income.
I never give alms to physically fit persons. If they come to my house begging, I offer them job like digging around the coconut trees. Some accept - others who got habited to begging without doing any work, decline. I give only to those who are not able to work.
Teaching the trade is very important. It helps people to earn for themselves.
Answered by Francisco, 10 Jan '13 03:40 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Yes, a trained person is much better than an untrained person as that person can get employment to earn his own bread & contribute towards the Nation too!!
Answered by dharamender nebhnani, 10 Jan '13 03:23 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Look at it from a ruler's point of view. If you impart education to the poor, they start thinking. Then they start questioning the government and its policies.
Therefore, governments have been using subsidies, free rations to a large section of society and buying their votes rather than educating them.
Answered by Cynic, 10 Jan '13 03:30 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Yes it is.. the fish will get finished but the teaching will never be forgotten.
Answered by Juliana, 10 Jan '13 03:25 pm

(1)
 (0)