Q.

I was watching CNN-IBN news on the reg. Bangaluru blasts.

It is really irritating to see the news reporters' vocal gymnastics: Can't speak slowly and can't speak clearly.

Really left me exhausted.

They seem to be yelling into the microphone with a torrent of words that are barely comprehensible.

May be the TV acoustics are bad, but still it is an assault on my auditory equipment.

Do we Indians have a misconception that speaking fast and being garrulous is a sign of fluency in English ?

Asked by Mayala Fakir, 25 Jul '08 06:31 pm

1.

It is the tense situation perhaps making them talk like that...it was on the spot news so...still we have to hear ..about what more which may be shown on Tv Let us see and pray God that many would be safe and ..caution ..to be taken by all in all places..to fec these kind of ..tense moments..
Answered by sarya mitra, 25 Jul '08 06:36 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

I................................................................ ............... don't............................................................ ......... think............................................................ ............So.
Answered by Insane Guy, 25 Jul '08 06:33 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

I think you do not watch the Hindi version of that channel. They make the news more spicy and rich. Repeating a ten second footage fifteeen times in one edition of the news has become more irritating than anything else. The ibn7 channel woos the religious minded more as it telecasts a lot of superstitious videos that for a normal person it becomes just too much to endure. None of such things are shown in the English version.
Answered by shivkumar mohite, 26 Jul '08 07:58 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

I think u must join news channel as reporter,then the situation might change..
Answered by bhavuk, 25 Jul '08 09:39 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Unless the FII s start investing the index may not go beyond 15000..more