Q.

I am a graduate mechanical engineer presently employed in a steel plant for last 34 yrs . Have very good proficiency in spoken and written English. Have working knowledge in personal computer (PC), internet and MS-OFFICE. I am due to retire from my job in 1 yr from now .

I like to know whether I am suitable for working as HOME BASED MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (HBT) as an engagement and source of decent income right now and continue after retirement ? what are the step by step actions i am to take for taking up this post retirement career ?

Asked by mahesh kumar, 02 Aug '08 10:38 am

1.

It is really nice to hear that a person who is going to retire is thinking for his future engagement. Yes you can join a medical transcription course and some of the institutes offers home based assignments, but it needs perfection and a good hearing ability of american / europian english with lot of medical terms. The main problem of this work it you doing a job then they have to give you a fixed salary but when you are doing a home based job they will try to deduct the money saying that the report is not perfect. If you have any contact in US, UK / other countries first train up yourself and try to do it directly so that you can yarn more.
Answered by Debasish Dasgupta, 02 Aug '08 10:43 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

If you want to quit...quit right away. there's no waiting..more

Answered by shakaal