Q.

In some of the closely held companies in India the style of management is feudalistic in nature. Is it conducive for the growth of the company? Give your views.

Asked by Good Citizen, 21 Jan '10 08:42 pm

1.

Style of management hardly affects the growth of a company. From my humble experience doing biz, I would say the company's ability to canvass PO's (Purchase Orders) and then make their product stand out from the rest (packaging, adding value added services w/ da product) and have a strong cash collection system is what cements a company's growth. Other factor's like management style is quite secondary to a company's growth and falls along the line of "fine tuning."

Look at Mitsubishi. Look at Toyota. Look at Toho Picture company. Look at Koei. All those firms follow a VERY strict "Zaibatsu (feudalistic)" management system and are doing quite well I would say. Zaibatsu management style orients itself towards employees who display 95 percent work / technical skills and 5 percent showmanship skills.

Answered by A Moin, 21 Jan '10 10:36 pm

(1)
 (0)