Q.

Do you think in present context the regional languages should be promoted at the cost of English, when even Chinese are going whole hog for learning English in which India always has(had)advantage ?

Tags: india, education, regional languages
Asked by syed ilyas, 12 Feb '13 01:07 pm

1.

I know Punjabi very well as it is my Mother Tongue. English did not have to bear the cost of this. Regional languages are, even otherwise, known to us.
Those who say we should learn our own mother tongue are perhaps myopic and don't know that English is a universal language. We put an effort to learn English (for our betterment) and not our own Mother Tongue.
Answered by QueSera Sera, 12 Feb '13 01:27 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

This is foolishness made by local politicians who are nothing but power mongers and will take advantage of any situation.
english is a universal language and i have personally felt that speaking english has helped in many parts of the world.
if i know tamil and try to use it in france , people will not at all follow me. but if i converse in english , someone or the other will sort me out
Answered by Ataur Rahman, 12 Feb '13 01:13 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

We have to solve our problems with our ow contexts and not in contexts of China, etc.
The regional languages cannot be dismissed so lightly. They are one of the manifestations of the fact that that India s not a single country but union of many nations.
An even in case of Chinese it is compulsory fro every student to be proficient in Mandarin. They do not promote English at the cost of their mother tongue.
But I do agree with the basic premise of your question that we cannot overlook the importance of learning English
Answered by Vikram, 12 Feb '13 01:33 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Its a basic fundamental thing which can not be ignore ...
Answered by vijay, 12 Feb '13 01:13 pm

(1)
 (0)