Q.

Which is the most beautiful, memorable place you have visited? Why is it still in your memory so lively?

Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 14 May '09 12:25 pm

1.

I have visited many beautiful places across the globe but none as resplendent & serene as Dharamshala in Himachal..its really a wonderful place to visit with the morning calm & the beautiful view of the dhauladhar range of mountains, in the afternoon its full of nice sun at times or a quick shower of rain in between..one can experience snow & hailstorms in the upper region of the adjoining Mcleodganj..all in all its the most soothing place with his Highness the Holy Dalai Lama's seat being there too..one can witness all the four weathers in a single day as i did quite often during my stay there..great place to visit..i wish i could settle down there one day!!
Answered by dharamender nebhnani, 02 Dec '09 03:38 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

I stayed in Kozhikode for three years and experience is still very heart warming and can say most beautiful, memorable days of my life. people are so friendly that they invite you to their home even if its close knit function. they send over delicious food during festivals and there were several occassions our neighbour came over and cooked for us. they prayed when we had exams and had tears when it was time for us to leave. i realized that there are people in this earth who are so nice, simple, sharing, self giving without any expectations. i'll never forget them and stay in Kozhikode.
Answered by Kalyani, 14 May '09 12:54 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

The very first 3D picture postcard I received was of the Golden Temple in Kyoto Japan. It appeared so beautiful that I searched encyclopaedias and other books in the library to admire it. Later on, I saw it from various angles on the internet. But when I visited it ultimately in 2006, it beat all those pictures and hype absolutely hollow. That experience will live on.
Answered by Satish Kamath, 14 May '09 12:38 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

The Dakshineshwar temple at Kolkata - the palce where Sri Ramakrishna had lived and had a vision of Maa Kali.
Answered by joyoti sen, 02 Dec '09 02:35 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

I woudnt know if it was 'beautiful' in the real sense of what we term as beauty today (and if it is memorable then probably the trip would also be a part of the scene).....but nearly three decades ago....I have a vivid memory of visiting a small town in the vicinity of Kolkata...(then Calcutta)...ChanderNagore formerly a french colony with a quaint old town aura about it.
The trip itself was quite exciting in the Ambassador car we had then...with my Dad and me sitiing in front...the driver was despatched earlier alongwith an attendant to arrange for amenities like food local help, and my mom and boisterous kid sisters in the rear seat...I have a recollection of the greenery and ponds all around...the abundance of coconut and banana trees which were quite new for us children...having spent our years in North India where greenery and ponds were quite a rarity....I remember being so overwhelmed by the vista all around us...that every few Kilometeres we children would make some excuse to ...more
Answered by prasoon, 19 May '09 11:11 am

(3)
 (0)
6.

Can you converse with non - living things? Does travel necessarily mean adventure for you? If both the answers are in unambiguously positive you are a different person. But if not, there is something more than we generally feel. I once read a story of Feodor Dostoevsky. He is saying he was a walking down a lane in the early morning. The rows of houses were talking to him in exactly the same manner as the humans talk. One red building joyfully told him my owner is coloring me because his daughters marriage is not far. Another building told him I envy my red neighbor She got a new look, but me the unfortunate fellow, I am kept half done because my owner has not enough money. In fact Dostoevsky was very much in conversation with the buildings.

Answered by soumyen sarkar, 18 May '09 06:18 am

(3)
 (0)
7.

You know Mukta, I love to read the motions of a water body. Be it a small pond, lake, river or never ending sea. I have visited so many places in India and Kualalampur, Bangkok and Singapore outside India. But I never find the kind of pleasure I find on the banks of river Ganga. I have read somewhere that rivers are wonderful photographers and in many ways, the Ganga is much better than any other in her group. She is at her best between Varanasi and Kolkata (which includes the taal or diara areas of Bihar where people grow lot of vegetables and other edibles right between the two shores of the river. Going there and seeing how much she matters to the people is a memorable and learning experience. It's all about sustenance and survival without losing the faith in Mother Ganga. That is where we Indians are unique.). The pictures of colourful houses, small and majestic, temples, trees, the flying birds, the sun, the moon, the stars mirrored in her crystalline stream......... sounds very s ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 16 May '09 08:37 pm

(3)
 (0)
8.

Konark temple, puri
it inspired me to produce 15 children.
Answered by ankit shivam, 14 May '09 12:28 pm

(3)
 (0)
9.

Lotus Temple in Delhi
Answered by puja gogia, 14 May '09 12:27 pm

(3)
 (0)
10.

After reading all the lovely answers here....i am not quite sure if my response will hold any good ...but still i cant resist from answering this one :)

Although my travels abroad are memorable...I find my travels across india more enriching...... I have travelled across all states in India and each trip is filled with so many beautiful memories that i am loathe to just choose one.... however few places are etched and have left an indelible impression because of the unique experiences.

Thekkady / Kumizhi / Munnar - kerala :- what a beautiful place.....Although i have visited this place many times ...last july it was a more beautiful experience. It was during the monsoon...and there was this place which offered elephant rides in the forest areas in the hills.....and although i was scared...the ppl around me egged me on and my dot who is three was enraptured by the huge but gentle animal and was insisting on the ride....the elephant doesnt come with a seat and we were supposed to ...more
Answered by sumitha, 17 May '09 10:27 pm

(2)
 (0)