Q.

Have you been to Manali? Do you know some places, not explored much, yet picturesque and irresitably charming in and around, which is really worth visiting?

Tags: travel, relationships, education
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 12 Oct '09 11:08 am
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering     Map Successfully AddedAdd Map

1.

Lucky you....going to manali ... :) Me been there few times and each time it There are so many places worth visiting around manali...the main spots ofcourse are

manikaran - famous hot springs....the route is as picturesque as the road is treacherous...atleast it was each time we went there.
rohtang pass - mountain pass which leads to leh...not sure whether it will be open because the road is closed sometimes due to snowfall..the road is open for public only during the months of may and november....however one can go up to Rahala falls on the way to Rohtang pass...which has snow throughout the year....
Nehru kund is also on the way to rohtang pass - it is a clear water spring...the water is thought to be originating from bhirgu lake where sage bhirgu was supposed to have lived.
solang valley - famous for skiing...u can learn to ski :)
arjun cave - cave where Arjun was supposed to have meditated
Answered by sumitha, 12 Oct '09 12:11 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Certainly one of the most beautiful place of the nation...I have been to Manali twice and even thinking of going again...even visiting after Kashmir vallye which always have its uniqueness, I found Manali bit different...its comparatively less commercial...and due to its remote location in the Himalayas, u still feel nature at its original shape to a greater extent...apart from information already provided by the fellow friends, I wud like to suggest that if possible, one sud visit during winter, may be in Dec-Jan...bcoz manali being dressed up wid snows looks gorgeous....visiting during both the seasons, I found its worthwhile to go in winter...There are certain places like Club House being inaugurated by our then PM Mr. V.P. Singh, situated near a tiny hilly river is worth visiting, to test the nature at its raw form, can go to nearby place, namely Naggar...if u go in winter, u may find a "shiv-Ling" like Amarnath Cave in Solang Valley, being naturally built wid the help of continui ...more
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 12 Oct '09 01:57 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

No. I haven't been to Manali. But hope to go there some time later. I liked Ooty (Lovedale Rly. Stn.) surrounded by lake and the tall Neem trees, Coonoor - (Sim's Park) quiet place as well, not forgetting that small train pushing and pullying carriages.
Answered by John Mascarenhas, 12 Oct '09 11:20 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

Manali is nice place but exploited commercially to the extent that natural charms are lost. I would suggest visit to place called Sangla Valley in Kinnaur and Bhimakali Shrine in Sarahan beyond Shimla. You need to go by road from Shimla to these places. HTDC runs hotel called Srikhand in Sarahan. I would suggest hire Innova from Shimla or go by bus and explore Nature at its Best !
Check some photgraphs in flickr.com
All the best !
Answered by Lucky, 12 Oct '09 11:17 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

Not yet
Answered by anil garg, 28 Dec '09 06:38 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

Not yet dear
Answered by ANURADHA PATHAKJ, 14 Oct '09 01:45 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

No, I have never been to Manali (though been to Manila) :-)

2 years back, there was heavy snowfall in the city I live and well, we have seen enough of snow fall. Got some pix.
Answered by manish varma, 12 Oct '09 07:41 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Sarahan or in TN...?..more

Answered by bhaskar erram