Q.

HEALTH and HAPPINESS : "The 'I' in illness is isolation, and the crucial letters in wellness are 'we'." How do you read this quote?

Tags: food, relationships, health
Asked by shintsie, 19 Dec '09 05:18 pm

1.

When one is ill one i alone and when one is healthy one is surrounded by friends.
Answered by joyoti sen, 20 Dec '09 02:33 pm

(1)
 (0)

2.

As Health and happiness are well connected wid each other, so as "I" and "We" too...."I" is isoltion , truly mentioned by u, in isolation "I" starts becoming weaker n weaker....but the moment two or more different "I"s meet wid each other then those two become "WE" and suddenly weakness start looking as strength for each other , 1 + 1 may look like 11 , and the feeling of getting stronger comes in mind like a miracle and that miracle magically give a birth to feeling of happiness , which is very hard to describe....Almighty has sent us to his Kingdom to live together, hence let "I" not rule over us....Thanks.
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 20 Dec '09 08:09 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Yes...the isolation itself is an illness to a social animal... together we make a healthy world...
Answered by sanjay sharma, 20 Dec '09 04:06 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

When one is alone and lonely, negativity sets in due to the lack of emotional care and support and due to this negativity the body gets affected by all sorts of ailments. But when one is surrounded by people who love and care life becomes positive and this has a good affect on one's health too.
I have experienced this personally. When I am unhappy and sad and lonely I seem to ail and bruise bodily but when I am happy and have emotional support all my bodily ailments seem to vanish.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 20 Dec '09 03:37 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Shintz > I am glad that you combined the question with Happiness because, to many, among number of health problems, Isolation is the most scary, though there may be readily available medicines to soothe the pains, but the person (or let us say patient) residing in the tent of isolation, becomes unwanted even to the close and dear ones. When I think about what it would be like to spend most of my time in isolation; I start feeling alien as if I turned into role of Tom Hanks in `Cast Away`. If, healthy, Man becomes innovating under such undreamed of situation and either he seeks support from books or from music, if both are unavailable (due to non-supporting attitude to relatives), he starts finding his own way to make the Isolation into Happiness. For him crucial letters `we` mean wellness, and here is the juncture for isolated man to find another partner to transform his `I` into `We`. If he is among his buddies, there may not be the question of searching for the term We; however, if n ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 20 Dec '09 02:24 pm

(2)
 (0)
6.

Health is Wealth
Answered by hitler, 20 Dec '09 01:48 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

A hope, A positiveness and A solution.
Answered by peekay first, 20 Dec '09 10:44 am

(2)
 (0)
8.

Same as wen ppl who r UNHAPPY in life say MY opinion...MY thots...MY feelings...MY ego...MY time...MY anger...MY patience...MY attitude...so on...n ppl who r HAPPY say OUR happiness...OUR work...OUR endeavour...OUR family...OUR kindness...n so on...well...the OUR words u must hav noticed r lesser used nowadays than the MY words...just like the " i" words u hav pointed out r more than the WE words...one can come to the conclusion thus...that more ppl r suffering frm ILLNESS N ISOLATION these days...isnt it??..:)
Answered by sumita ganguly, 20 Dec '09 04:30 pm

(1)
 (1)
9.

That may be the intention of the commentator ---but unless you can make the i healthier , you cant make the we healthier also --as not only the world but also the universe starts with I only . It is I which teaches us about the we as all all of us know that charity begins at home and finally nothing remain , what remains is only ---SO AHAM! -- Yea I am that omnipotent !
Answered by HARIJIBAN BANERJEE, 21 Dec '09 04:52 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

'I' should be merged with 'we'.
Answered by Prakash Chandra, 20 Dec '09 05:22 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

According Alan Davidson's Oxford Companion to Food [Oxford University Press:Oxford] 1999 (p. 550, 553), the word omelette" is of French origin and cam..more

Answered by PARTHA PATHAK