Q.

DO YOU KNOW THAT Religious Tolerance' is an Islamic Invention ?

Tags: relationships, invention, tolerance
Asked by truth exposed, 09 Dec '12 02:55 pm

1.

Indeed, when Muslims ruled Iberian Peninsula (now Spain and Portugal) for nearly eight centuries, Jews, Christians and Muslims all lived together in total harmony, something so unique in Europe that compelled authors such as Maria Rosa Menocal ( by Back Bay Books- Time Warner Book Group) to write a book entitled 'the Ornament of the World How Muslims, Jews, and Christians created a Culture of Tolerance in Medieval Spain'. Muslim rule in Islamic World and particularly in Spain did not only allow for tolerating and accommodating others, but for Jews and Christians proliferation and excellence in poetry, art, architecture, medicine and science in general; the coexistence between Muslims, Jews, and Christian inhabitants (termed convivencia by Spanish historians) led The Jewish Museum in New York in ninety two to produce a volume about this peaceful and productive co-existence (under Muslim rule from seventh to fourteenth century entitled 'Convivencia Jews, Muslims, and Christians in Medie ...more
Answered by confusion, 09 Dec '12 03:00 pm

(1)
 (1)
2.

If it is true then it is good for humanity !
Answered by ajit kulkarni, 09 Dec '12 03:07 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

Fully false islam does not tolerate any other relegion in fact islam calls all those who dont beleive in islam as kaafirs. Islam is the most intolerant relegion in the whole world
Answered by iqbal seth, 09 Dec '12 02:58 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

YES i know and every one who has studied Quran and History knows that
The concept of 'Religious Tolerance' is a purely Original Islamic invention and was practiced by Muslims allover Islamic World (Caliphate) and throughout Islamic history; many of the Caliphs took non-Muslim doctors as their private Court Physicians, without coercing them into Islam. God Most High says:

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands outs clear from Error" . Verse of Surat Al-Baqarah (The Cow)

"If they charge you with falsehood, say: 'For me are my deeds and for you are your deeds! You are free from responsibility for what I do, and I for what you do' " . of Surat Yunus (Jonah)

"Say, 'The Truth is from your Lord' Let him who will, believe, and let him who will, reject (it)' " Verse of Surat Al-Kahf (The Cave)

Answered by z, 09 Dec '12 02:56 pm

(1)
 (2)
5.

No I don't think so
Answered by sigma, 09 Dec '12 03:00 pm

(1)
 (1)
6.

Yes, I know very much it's an Islamic invention, which is seldom followed by others...!
Answered by Dil Se, 09 Dec '12 03:26 pm

(1)
 (0)