Q.

Now a days we speak too much about banning child labour, about the growing life standards of people, about India, as a super power. We continue to project India as a nation, which has made tremendous progress in science, industry, and many other fields. Where do you see India after 5 years from now ???? I mean Child totally banned from working, growth on its peak etc ....

Tags: india, education, science
Asked by Mohammed asim nehal, 28 Jan '10 02:01 pm

1.

Dear MA Nehal,
Good afternoon,
Do you know, that even after a glorious 60 years has gone by with the legislation of banning child labour, and we have not been able to make headway in enforcing it? The main reason is not that law abiding citizens are not there, but it is because of financial disparity which drives the children, with due permission of their parents, to indulge in labour of any kind. Successive govt have been very insensitive in dealing the challenges of child labour. I think, we are all aware that people get children just to help them earn a living, more hands more work, more money for house thinking kind of mentality. The govt. should have considered their socio- economic challenges first rather than to enforce a law, where children are not taken care of by law enforcement agencies, who find them and resues them from clutches of so called offenders and again leave them to fend for themselves. Tell me, how it can solve a purpose of the said law and the cause?
Answered by prabhat kumar kumar, 28 Jan '10 02:41 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I think for that we should start from our own homes, like is done sometimes, eg, after having a cup of tea in the sitting room, calling your child, beta, zara he cup kitchen me rak ke avo? etc.
Answered by Wolverine Logan, 28 Jan '10 02:08 pm

(0)
 (1)
3.

Hey! what's this. Child labor is banned by law. India is a soverign nation. Largest democracy in the world.
Answered by Chandra sekhar Krishnan, 28 Jan '10 02:05 pm

(0)
 (1)