Q.

Is Rediff QnA worth of giving our precious time(2 hours n more daily) ??
I have been asking this question from myself since months but i cant help myself much on this.
It has become an unavoidable thing for me since an year.This has been my only one addiction so far.........but the enthusiasm n the spirit of asking Qs n giving answers is no more the same as one year back.
I have no idea why this happened but its the truth.
I'm not thinking about quitting but loosing my interest in this forum.

Do you have the same feeling?
i dont wanna leave this forum but how to get rid of this feelin

Asked by prashant sharma, 23 Jun '08 03:31 pm

1.

An Interest, Pass time or Hobby is healthy but an Addiction is not. Once your interest has turned into an Addiction you have lost control and it controls you. As with everything we must find an acceptable balance - if you allow yourself to be governed by just one thing such as Q&A you will become a very dull person indeed - there is so much more to life, we must not waste it. I still enjoy Q&A, in particular when there is a topic which stirs something inside me compelling me to respond and voice my opinion, but that certainly doesn't happen every day. Otherwise I enjoy interaction with a select few who always post interesting questions, some serious some light hearted, which encourage debate or just a fun interlude which helps you to unwind from other pressures. There are days when I log on and glance at the last few pages of questions posted and despair at the dross and drivel I see. It may be my imagination but there does seem to be an increase in banality. At certain times of ...more
Answered by Janis, 23 Jun '08 05:29 pm

(3)
 (0)
2.

What started as a question answer forum has now become a social networking hub. Try as hard as ya want but then ya have to reconcile to the fact that ya are on QnA not for the queries and answers but moreso for the gupshup.
Answered by Saj Sierra, 23 Jun '08 09:40 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

Hi.. for many it is a place to unwind but for some it is to gain knowledge.
For me it is both. I come here regularly from 9 pm to 11pm. My friends are here at that time and I interact with them. So for me the Forum is still an enjoyable place. Just come here for timepass Prashant , you stick to this philosophy.. you won't loose interest in this Forum.
Answered by joyoti sen, 23 Jun '08 09:55 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Dear Prashantji, I am also of the same feeling like you. There are still some matured people who can understand the maturity of the questions and answers to be given but there are still some persons who they ask favours and once for any reason the person cannot fulfill for any valid reasons they try to sideline the friendship because the favours were not accepted. I am asking all those people to keep their friendship and try to understand the opposite person's "majboori" instead of keeping one track minded. I hate such people and I myself dont like to keep any relationship with such people. One fine morning they block your message coming and that's all, the friendship is over. With such people I have also done the same thing of block their message coming to me.Let them realise what wrong they have done. Which means friendship is kept only to take favours that's all. I hate such "matlabi" people myself and wouldnt like to talk or keep any relation. Yes but there are some gud people also ...more
Answered by cyrus irani, 23 Jun '08 08:43 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Sai Ram. If you have some better use for time, you would do it. If you feel that you don't enjoy but are still coming to it as a sort of addiction, stop using the computer if possible for 41 days. Or take a deeksha that you will not visit Rediff for the period of 41 days. It will go out of your system.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 02 May '10 10:09 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

Even I am feeling the same as you have mentioned above and I too dont wana leave this forum as here i have formed my 'other' family but the spirit of asking Qs and giving Answers is lacking these days..the reason i find is that first of all everything which is new excites and attracts us and this is what exactly happened with both of us...but coz we have been spending too much time here on this forum thus now it has become an old thing hence now we feel bore being here but as we have some good friends on this forum and sometiems this forum works as a great stress buster so we fail to quit the forum....so what we need to do is to divert our mind and attention to other imporant sides of life...we need to have a balance in surfing this forum and in doing our daily jobs of life...
Answered by Rukhsana.Siddiqui, 23 Jun '08 03:36 pm

(5)
 (0)
7.

I find Rediff Q&A worth provided one disciplines him/her self to visit it only for half hour each in the morning, afternoon & & evening.

Ofcourse, once hooked, its a difficult task even for a determined persons who at last realise that they are badly addicted to it.

Cocktail Raj
Answered by Cocktail, 23 Jun '08 03:57 pm

(3)
 (0)
8.

Hi Prashant, even i too addicted to this forum alot........but i always looking for my friends, when i logged in. I know its a complete addiction and we cant help to keep ourselves away from it. Not only u but there are countless people who are losing their interest here including me but i am here just some of my good friends like smit, anurag sanket etc..........
Answered by urmila, 23 Jun '08 03:35 pm

(3)
 (0)
9.

Too much of anything is bad. it is in controlled usage of anything that we would continue to have the same interest. Some level of weariness is bound to set in, when you are in the same environment that has the same format and nothing innovative has ever been introduced by Rediff in the last one year I have been here.

Sometimes, one does loose interest. Of course, speaking personally I am not answering many a qn. Only a few that capture my attention or what others bring to my attn and when I do answer, I check with myself whether I can do justice to it and if I can't, I will stay away from answering it for I do not like to give an answer where I am myself not satisfied about it.

Answered by Omega, 23 Jun '08 08:27 pm

(2)
 (0)
10.

No addiction at all for me ..just here of touching and gaining new friends..this is only charm that i come here daily..in side of job im gaining friends like u more than my monthly salary..this is wht magnet is here..keep your eyes on the future, your being in the present, your gratitude in the NOW, and the rest, just let go
Answered by himanshu sharma, 23 Jun '08 07:47 pm

(2)
 (0)