Q.

Can this forum bring changes in real life of someone?

Asked by sanjay sharma, 28 Apr '09 10:12 pm

1.

Yes it can and I am telling this from personal experience.I joined rediff Q&A exactly two years ago(in fact today is my second anniversary here). I joined just out of curiosity and fun and in the beginning just logged in occassionally , asked and answered questions and went away. I hardly interacted with other members here as I was off the impression that virtual people/ netizens are not meant for interaction or friendship . But after about six months I realised how wrong I was. When I started interacting I came to meet so many wonderful people here with whom I could exchange views and knowledge in such a free manner. From the interaction on the messageboard it graduated to mails , chats(earlier I used to run away at the mention of the word 'chat', had a very low opinion about it),smses and phone calls with quite a number of my good friends here. Now these friends are no longer virtual, they are as real as the people I meet in my daily life, I can say even more so. I also met two of m ...more
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 29 Apr '09 02:01 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

Hi Sanjay, you won't believe but I had a similar question like this in my mind since a week but was not getting into the mood of asking it because of the poor responses I have been getting these days......... Anyway, thank you for providing me the opportunity to answer my own question :))
Each day I sit in front of the screen: with a motive to write on my blog or reply some pending mails.... But this forum has become synonymous to the Internet in my life. I manage to do nothing except answering few questions. This shows my addiction and yes, addiction changes or at least can affect your daily routine. But the question is about changes in the real life..... Well, I do not think that it is possible under normal circumstances. It depends on your level of involvement here and with the members of this forum... Another important aspect is can it change my perception, my inner thoughts, my aspirations and my identity all with a couple of clicks on the keys?? It is like asking too much.... a ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 29 Apr '09 08:06 pm

(4)
 (0)
3.

Definitely
Answered by ashwani agarwal, 24 Jan '12 11:57 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

It can
it may
changes are part of life
Answered by anil garg, 24 Mar '10 03:17 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Yes,definetely but you need to come in contact with the right person..
Answered by anita bhattacharyya, 04 May '09 07:42 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Yes...i have been truely impressed wid d forum...it has given a new shape to my individuality.....ofcourse still not active as much as i wish , but certainly enjoying...importantly by way of this forum , I have been reassured that the world as a whole is still full of wonderful people and all on a sudden , u start feeling infinitely secured....thanx for asking a good question.
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 03 May '09 11:37 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

Yes
Answered by Manju Sikri, 29 Apr '09 11:27 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Noo.. never!
Answered by boban, 28 Apr '09 10:54 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

To somextent.
Answered by Union Tango, 28 Apr '09 10:16 pm

(1)
 (0)