Q.

Though there is no limit to charity - but to what extent you can do this when you have your own dire needs?

Asked by soumyen sarkar, 19 Apr '09 07:11 pm

1.

First thing first...there is no end to needs,so the dirth of means would always pose as perpetual a crisis...so we neednt be flustered due to this aspect...charity is not a deliberate act,it is a state of mind...the needs of others,the pain and sufferance of others,if trouble us,we would never consider our own needs and the lack of means as possible hurdles and do the needful,with all that we have,with happiness and contentment...its the most fulfilling a feel,and helps us sleep blissfully,with a calm conscience.
Answered by shintsie, 19 Apr '09 07:30 pm

(2)
 (5)
2.

I dont approve of this use of word charity...it all pay back..we pay back for what we use..enjoy..calling it charity is such an insult..its giving back to the society whom we have used to prosper..or would be using..or currently using..even the law of karma says that..we do it to settle our accounts..overdrafts..loans...theres nothing superior about it...some feel as if it is some kind of noble act..which is not true..extracting enjoyment or bliss out of it..thinking it to be noble..or thinking it to be obliging anybody is not done...people feeling superior or thinking it to be an act of selfless charity spoils the very essence...its society\'s right to be paid back..or it ll extract in some form or the other...we all have to pay back..honestly..as there is no escape...nothing comes for free...
Answered by spiritx, 20 Apr '09 01:26 am

(2)
 (1)
3.

Charity is not measured by the quantity but by quality. I dont remember the names but I will narrate a story. Lord has once decided that a very poor man is the most charitable persona of all. The wealthiest man of that town who has built a temple for the Lord & also maintains it was annoyed by HIS decision. He went to the Lord & enquired the wisdom in declaring the poor man. The Lord said the poor mans wife had just enough atta to make 10 chappatis for 4 members. But everyday, before they ate their meal, they will always offer to someone who is in hunger. They offered two chappatis to the guest. After consuming that, he said can he have 2 more, the poor man gave his share, then his wifes , then the two childrens. He said now I am happy, I do not want any more. When he was going out a mongoose was sitting sadly under a tree. The guest asked the reason for its deplorable state. It said I have a curse & it will go if I find a person who is the most charitable. The guest told ...more
Answered by MajorVLoganathan, 22 Apr '09 11:13 am

(2)
 (0)
4.

In Today\'s world man knows what kind of charity he need to do and to what extent.Still charity is required and cannot be ignored.Because \"all are not equal\".A child in our own family or in a close related section is brilliant ,but born to a less fortunate parents need to be helped in some form to help him to pursue his higher education..It can help the child to reach higher levels as well as he would be able to support his parents in a more better way.The same is the case where the question of the marriage a girl arise .Due to lack of enough money I have seen girls remaining unmarried born to helpless parents even when they are around 30.Indian marriage system does work only with some routine ways .Same way If a boy is spported with some job or with some reference ,he not only gets emplyed but the the family is equally supported.Charity has no limits but the mentality to give charity has to exist.I found some one writing against Daanveer Karan.Agar Karan ,Shibi chakr ...more
Answered by Rachana, 23 Apr '09 06:48 am

(1)
 (1)
5.

Frankly speaking, it is rather difficult for me, as for most others, to visualize the perfect concept of charity or for that matter its limit. Charity cannot be a policy that is to follow compulsorily eventually by those who can afford giving something or may be anything to the cause on the name of their humble human duty; or for those who may be always keep wishing to give at least something as per their might, but couldnt afford due to their own limitations. I imagine, however, that in spite of the nobleness in charity or its name and definition in the ordinary manner, there should be a definite limit to charity. One should not think to go wild on the supremeness of the feeling in giving to charity, because it is a materialistic world today and if we are to live for tomorrow, we are bound to see the limit in first place. Gone are the days when people were use to give almost all with them to charity as if they used to hear Uparwaale ki Awaaz. Examples are many from the mythological pe ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 23 Apr '09 12:09 am

(1)
 (1)
6.

One should distinguish between needs and wants. Many a time what we see as needs are mere wants which could be done away with if someone else\'s need is greater.
Answered by gem mina, 20 Apr '09 09:41 am

(1)
 (1)
7.

I think Charity begins at home but does not end there. Any charity is most fulfilling only after one fulfills ones responsibility at home but it should never be confined to ones home ones important needs are fulfilled.. Charity is all abt sharing our good fortune with a clean heart...which cannot be possible if our own dire needs are waiting to be fulfilled. Wants can be neglected and sacrificed...but when u say dire needs, then it means we really need them and we wud be doing ourselves and also the charity that we are giving a disservice if the act of giving pinches even a little bit of our heart.
Answered by sumitha, 20 Apr '09 01:55 am

(1)
 (1)
8.

For me it is not the quantity of charity that matters but the mind set to help the needy
Answered by Damodar Biswal, 19 Apr '09 07:18 pm

(1)
 (1)
9.

Reform the politicians and bureaucrats by criticism everything will become all right! This is also a good charity service to society!
Answered by T A RAMESH, 19 Apr '09 07:15 pm

(1)
 (1)
10.

Showing understanding & sympathy is greatest form of Charity
Answered by milind nadgouda, 19 Apr '09 07:14 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

I met my sweet heroin in dreams, but not in real life..more