Should i invest at current level in RPL Please advice
1. Project Cost: Rs 27,000 crores
2. Profit per year: 30 US dollars per barrel x 700000 barrels per day x 365 days = 7 billion US$ per year , i.e. 28,000 crores.
3. This project is in SEZ , so no tax, excise duty, etc for firts 5 years .They will use the high sulphur / heavy crudes and convert to premium grade diesel and petrol and will sell in US and Europe. Hence, refining margins are very high.
4. RIL / RPL headed by Mukesh Ambani are professionals and experts.
5. The project is expected to be compeleted atleast 3 to 4 months ahead of schedule.
6. They have a captive power plant of 1000 Megwatts, which by iteself is wonderful.
7. Chevron is their partner with 5% stake , likely to be increased to 29 % soon.
8. They will venture into Oil exploration, etc in foreign countries, etc which is highly profitable.
Do not listen to the so called financil analyst. They still keep rating SBI , a ...more