Q.

It's said that Music has the power to heal. Do you believe in this? If YES/NO, share your thoughts.

Tags: music, share, thoughts
Asked by Sukhoi, 08 Oct '07 11:45 am

1.

Yes, Music does have a power to heal. An account involving two of the legendary kings of Israel is thought to have been written during the reign of Solomon. "And whenever the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, David took the lyre and played it with his hand; so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.

There is emerging evidence that music can bring about physical changes to the body that can improve our health. A scientific study by the hospital has found that patients who listen to live music need fewer drugs and recover more quickly than those who do not.

According to scientific study, there is growing scientific evidence that music aids physical changes which can help heal the body. The physiological benefits have been measured. Music reduces blood pressure, the heart rate, and hormones related to stress.

Answered by Jack Johnson, 13 Oct '07 02:16 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Yes, not all music
Answered by Joseph Chacko, 08 Oct '07 11:49 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

I am not very much interested in instrumental music, but vocal... yes, I do love to listen, especially classical... Music is a healer I must say, espeically if it is serene and sends out positive vibrations and is soothing to ears....
Answered by hermitcrab, 14 Oct '07 03:55 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Music has the power to calm the most crotchety of personalities, especially babies. I noticed it with both my kids .when they are upset I would just hum their favorite lullaby and they would slowly calm down. Even today(my elder one is 11) when I realize he is getting a bit worked up I play his favorite song in the background and I can see the transformation before my own eyes of a hyper child becoming calm still waters.

If music can calm a person down then I am sure it will help in healing also because when a person is calm and collected the mind and body can concentrate on healing wounds more effectively than it otherwise would .
Answered by EmM, 10 Oct '07 09:11 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Yes music has power to heal.I have exerienced it.But you have to choose the right music.It should be a mild music.Art of Living music is prefered as I have experienced it.Especially the Veena music.Not the heart beating rocks.When ever I need some healing/relaxation, I just put the music,put a dim light,close my eyes and just enjoy the music.I definitely find some energy flowing into my body.Some times I get tears in my eyes may be its a indiaction that some toxins going out of my body.But to enjoy this healing one must be a lover of music.If a person is not interested in music,then he/she can't enjoy this healing.
Answered by sangeetha perumal, 08 Oct '07 02:55 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Yes..i do believe music can heal..
good, melodious music has the power to calm & soothe agitated nerves / stressed minds & evoke positive vibes and give a sense of well-being to a person...
our classical music has so many ragas which hv special powers - raag malkauns has been proved to control BP. Our vedas recited in a distinct musical & rhythmic manner is said to cleanse the air brings about peace in the envionment.

however...certain type of harsh music... do more harm than heal..
Answered by sumitha, 08 Oct '07 02:24 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Answered by hermitcrab crab, 08 Oct '07 11:54 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

Yes, Music does have a power to heal.
Answered by sumati gayki, 24 Oct '09 10:48 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Both words derive from the noun sense, but have different meanings. Sensation is again a noun and refers to sensations and feelings, or also could mea..more

Answered by Shaun DMello