Q.

Did you expect West Indies to beat Sri Lanka on their own turf to win this T 20 cup? According to you what made this possible?

Tags: money, sports, west indies
Asked by Good Citizen, 08 Oct '12 10:36 am

1.

I thought Chris Gayle would fire again, becoz. if you have seen him in the previous matches, he follows up one with another and then a few failures and again back to his hard hitting ways. But yesterday, it was pathetic to see him cornered helplessly for sixteen balls and then getting out. I don't know why low scores become a herculean task to overhaul most of the time. Teams make successful chase of bigger scores but many a time fail pathetically to show some patience and go about it systematically to overhaul a small score. I think, when faced with having to score less, some kind of mental complacency sets in and I think that did them in. It is not belittling WI effort but one must remember that their bowlers are not ones who can terrorise the opponents like they did a long time ago. Also, it is not that Sri Lankans are incapable of handling fast bowlers or tackling spin. I think, it was just not their day when it came to batting though their bowlers did a decent job to restrict the ...more
Answered by Omega, 08 Oct '12 11:48 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

It was totally unexpected for me srilankas failed with their bat
Answered by iqbal seth, 08 Oct '12 11:11 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

I was 100% sure Sri Lanka will take the cup
Answered by jameel ahmed, 08 Oct '12 10:57 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

The overconfidence of Sri Lanka proved costly for them.
Answered by Damodar Biswal, 08 Oct '12 10:42 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

West Indies SELF CONFIDENCE as they were billed as the pre tournament Favourites and I see some hands of bigger bookies also- 32 in 10 overs second 10 overs 105 and SL folding to 101 !!
And Gayle's confidence declaring 2 days in advance SriLanka-Sorry it is our Cup-Who will dare to say so !!! Something is amiss I feel !!
Answered by soulmate, 08 Oct '12 10:40 am

(0)
 (0)
6.

The conditions of the pitch and the spin bowlers at the command of the west indians
Answered by rajnikant raiyarela, 08 Oct '12 10:36 am

(0)
 (0)