Q.

Why do peoples got irked when I tell them that God is man made and many of the preachings in all the Holy books are no longer relevant ? I am as entitled to my opinion as they are.

Tags: god, education, books
Asked by Josna, 25 May '10 12:10 pm

1.

Very correct.. It is your perception.. just the way you should not get irked with other faith in believe that God is the creator..similarly other's should not impose their belief that Human made the God.. Yes you are entitled to your opinion in the same way others are also entilted to..

In fact Faith is such a topic which is one's private affair.. it should be kept as private and personal.. one can discuss but not to impose their belief on others.
Answered by Sharmila Bose, 25 May '10 07:36 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

"For the past three years, I have worked with the Embryology Committee of King cAbdulaziz University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, helping them to interpret the many statements in the Qur'an and Sunnah referring to human reproduction and prenatal development. At first I was astonished by the accuracy of the statements that were recorded in the 7th century AD, before the science of embryology was established. Although I was aware of the glorious history of Muslim scientists in the 10th century AD, and some of their contributions to Medicine, I knew nothing about the religious facts and beliefs contained in the Qur'an and Sunnah."[2]

At a conference in Cairo he presented a research paper and stated:

Answered by yusuf syed, 25 May '10 12:40 pm

(1)
 (1)
3.

Yes people should not get irked when u tell them tht god is man made ,you are entitled to ur own opinion as they are ...
they get irked cos they have a strong belief that god has made man ..and there exists a god who is supernatual ,superpower ,merciful etc

they try to convince to the other way ...even i had views like god is man made ,,but i got convinced the other way ..:)))
Answered by parul advani, 25 May '10 12:47 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Hinduism has given freedom of thought same thing you cannot do in islam and christianity
Answered by SREENIVAS, 25 May '10 09:48 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

God is a teddy bear to many ! Its their sole solace in this uncertain, fleeting world. They are conditioned from childhood that praising god, believing and praying to him, following certain religious customs and rituals or chanting mantras etc would insure them against the RISKS of life. They have developed an imaginary emotional attachment to this unknown all powerful entity, which prevents them from seeing TRUTH or GOD. In fact these people never GROW as their logic and reasoning is inhibited, because with reasoning, they never can remain as they are ! U have to look for an answer to ur Qn in the above back ground. Each of ur rational statements is shaking the very foundation of their existence on earth ! They are also AFRAID that u might be right. If u r right, their whole life is wrong. A very frightening situation indeed. So bear with them. Just state boldly what u have to say and keep mum !
Answered by Shunmugham, 25 May '10 08:41 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

God is not man made , god had made the man
Answered by jagdis, 25 May '10 12:42 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

If u haven't see the God that doesn't means he is not exist, like if u r not going to barber for cutting ur hair than doesn't means that barbers are not exist. Its all the matter of faith.
Answered by Munish, 25 May '10 12:35 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

You are true, however, for instance, if one calls Hanumanji a monkey, perhaps, you will also feel irritated, of not overtly , but covertly. I do endorse the views Kamini Joshi, otherwise.
Answered by Siachen, 25 May '10 12:23 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

Names of GOD are man made. Holy books whatever it is written by man. You are entitled to have your opinion. You are lucky only a few are irked by your comments. But if you were in a fundamentalist country it would have been different. You should thank the country - Hindustan for that!!
Answered by MS Prasad, 25 May '10 12:20 pm

(0)
 (0)
10.

God means goodness, devil means badness, its good vs evil, but rituals , traditions, so called religious beliefs have become outdated yes, but i have god in me means i lead a good moralistic humanitarian life.
Answered by kamini joshi, 25 May '10 12:12 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Timeline: 1937- Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti was born on 28 April 1937.1958- Saddam became involved in the failed assassination attempt of G..more

Answered by SriniVenkat