Q.

QNA : What reasons keep bringing you back to this forum? What factors,do you think,are the biggest drawbacks of this virtual platform? Does this community serve any useful purpose after all? Is it a progressive community,which has the potential to bring about a change somewhere?

Tags: money, education, entertainment
Asked by shintsie, 24 Dec '09 10:36 am

1.

We all have some unanswered questions at the back of our mind. By answering the questions here we unconsciously think we have found the answer to them as well. For example those who indulge in crossword puzzles too are puzzled in their mind. By solving those puzzles they think they have solved that puzzle too. However this is not the only reason for us to be here. We are able to divert our attention from the immediate problems we are facing here. It does serve a useful purpose. If brings us some peace of mind, keeps our mind occupied. It helps us to get some insight. We learn to interact with people. It also subdues us a bit. For example I used to blow my lid often at slightest provocation. I find myself less intolerant. Is it not a plus point?
Answered by Jack Johnson, 28 Dec '09 03:43 pm

(3)
 (0)
2.

Dear Shintsieji, Let me be very frank with you in answering a very gud question you have put upto now that you are asking in this forum. First of all on the outset here I would say, this forum is of some people who are very intelligent enough to answer your meaningful question and you expect meaningful answers ofcourse. U r one of them but dont think I am flattering you as I do not flatter anyone unless and until they are worth. Like you there are many worthwhile answerers I find but there are some who just for the sake of answering they give answers I dont know for what - 1 - either to get 10 points or 2 - just to make fun of it and do not know the right answer. Yes the community and people here are very warm and they do reciprocate in the same wavelength u interact with them but there are some who are one time friends also. The drawbacks are many, sometimes the system doesnt work, there are some members who do not have honest approach to say the real name, gender, etc. etc. There are ...more
Answered by cyrus irani, 28 Dec '09 03:44 pm

(1)
 (0)

3.

It's a place to be oneself.......sometimes we are not able to share out our true feelings to even our near ones but here we do.......some absurd ideas, some revolutionary thoughts, some crazy notions, anything which comes to our mind instantaneously,which relives us a lot from daily stress......in short here we got to know about ourselves....
some questions trigger our thoughts and produce such beautiful answers that we are amazed to see it later on "OMG i have written this, such deep thought",(in my case i have started writing shayris on this forum, while replying some questions)and some answers help us know things better, the other side of coin and we learn from experiences of other.......this community may not bring a change on a large scale but many individuals have got benefitted by it......
yeh mefhil me hum kise jante hai
par koi bhi lagta paraya nahi hai
humari tarah sab kafa hai khudi se
phir bhi khuda se shikayat nahi hai

zamane me nahi sunta koi baat meri
Answered by shashank sharma, 24 Dec '09 11:19 am

(3)
 (0)
4.

Hi Shintz, The reason that bring me back to this forum is maninly because of some nice people of my Country being members in this forum.It is an Indian community and has its Indian culture and all Indian spiced Nature in the people here .Staying away from my Mother country ,I dont miss the fragrance of the sweet Indian Soil.I get all the good flavour of each state state here.Some are very close and friendly to me and with some are good acquaintance,too.Answering questions is motivation for me,inspire me,helps to relax and and is stressbursting .When I am 0n-line on qna I feel myself in a differnt corner of the world forgetting my personal worries,anxieties and botherations.So it always attracts me and enchants me alot which keeps bringing me back.Like any social groups it is useful in sharing thoughts and is enjoyable, too.Ofcourse there are drawbacks like any system has,all we need to do is just take things in a sportive way and all being educated people it would easy to handle issue ...more
Answered by Rachana, 28 Dec '09 03:44 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

As I always like to get myself associated wid people of high moral n value, the real brilliant personalities and last but not d leact, to learn more n more, I got all these three in rediff qna....even if qna comes to an end due to any reasons, I wud always remain thankful to them for allowing me to know abt some of the wonders of the world......as far as drawbacks are concerned, I hardly find any , bcoz the amount of joy I use to get from it, is much more than the little trouble I hadto face during the tenure of last 2-3 years. I am sure , they certainly serve useful purposes during a period where, each of us are forced to think that the world is likely to end within no time, but qna continues to esure us that , not all but some of the pivotal pillars are built wid wonderful and powerful people of this planet...and there is nothing to worry about...that in this busy and stressful day to day life, someone is taking pain to miss you sincerely, you start feeling u r blessed...the way u ge ...more
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 27 Dec '09 01:39 pm

(2)
 (0)
6.

At first it was just the thrill of being part of a forum, where questions could be answered and questions could be put up.. Then slowy, it dawned on me that there was something much more deeper and comprehensive, besides just Q&A's. Here was a forum to interact with different views on different subjects, from the frivilous to the serious, that could jiggle our thought process.However, it is a moot point how progressive this community can be. There members who are wise to those who are sublime and in many cases downright petty.True potential, lies in the active interaction of members who care.
Answered by mohanbirsingh ghura, 24 Dec '09 06:36 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

Well, Shintz > I think I am among those bonafide fellows who have made it possible to `come back` to forum, simply because personally I never ever had wished to go away from my association with Rediff which, surely, is mainly an Indian based platform. Besides the way in which we start feeling something valuable admiration for unknown fellows on the strength their sheer depth in various angles of life, knowledge, studies, social service, business talents, academic achievement, classic reading, and above way of establishing a fine rapport. I can give you many other examples particularly might and desire of some seniors to keep the sanctity of the forum and helping attitude when someone starts feeling dejected on something uncalled for and injustice (like your own example. Apparently I remember many members` emotional appeal to you to reconsider your decision of calling it a day to Rediff, when, very sadly you were almost on the verge of shutting the gate, permanently). Yours honoring the ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 24 Dec '09 04:27 pm

(2)
 (0)
8.

I will answer point by point. I am mainly here because I have everything going for me here in QNA. I am semi retired, reading and writing is my strong area, socialising thrills me, I enjoy playing tricks on my friends, I play with people. All this keeps me in happy mood... so very good for my health. I dread the thought of sulking alone in a corner. Biggest drawback of this virtual platform, according to me, is the Monitoring Authority`s inability to check the fake and duplicate Ids, do justice to the members who are victims due to reasons like the abusing of harmless and innocent questions/answers. I find this Forum a good Platform to air our views, and I am sure that this can bring about some welcome changes somewhere
Answered by kishore malhotra, 24 Dec '09 11:41 am

(2)
 (0)
9.

A few good friends of mine here in this forum brings back. Many fake ids admist of lot of good persons in this forum is the biggest drawbacks of this virtual platform. Yes as far as I am concerned this community helps me to pass few hours usefully by searching the web in order to find correct, good and educative answers, even if the person who has questioned is not not interested in my answer. Certainly people like you, if remain and interact the comminity will certainly progress and bring some enthusiasm amongs the like minded people.
Answered by iqbal ahmed, 24 Dec '09 10:50 am

(2)
 (0)
10.

The quest for knowledge n net friendship has brought me to this forum.The biggest drawback of this forum is ----- the abused has no scope to defend.Yes,sir this community helps its members in sharing information.Yes it has the potential to bring about change.
Answered by Damodar Biswal, 24 Dec '09 10:45 am

(2)
 (0)

Q.

Dear Raj,In my view, you are special in QNA by your questions and the comments they invite.Your friendly attitude is a sure winner.The greatest happie..more

Answered by sankaran subbiah