Why Lord Ram is called MARYADA PURUSHOTTAM ??
1. Guha is sucha lowly man-but Sri Ram embraced him.
2. Vibhesan when surrendered accepted without any conditions. If I was in Ram's place , I would have put many spies to supervise Vibhesan.
3. When Ravana stood on the battle ground, SriRam asked him to go , prepare himself & come the next day.
4. Accepted HIS father's orders & implicitly obeyed.
5. The only shatriya to be respected by Parasuram.
6. Though in principle it was agaist HIS wish, killed Vali & hoisted Sukreeva on the throne, since HE has given committment.
7. If happened to me I would have been happy to put Bharat in trouble- but SriRam gave a detailed account how to run the kingdom.
8. Personally did last rites to Garud, though only a bird.
9. Value given to Vanara sena in general, Hanumaanji in particular. ...more
He is infact a "Parajitha purushan" [failed man] rather than a "Maryatha purushan" [ideal man]. I can explain why it is so, which i have done many times in this forum, earning the wrath of blind Ram devotees here. Sri Ram is a wrong out dated Idol for modern India, holding us back !
He personifies the highest of Human Values, never deviating from the virtuous path in thought, or action, even in the direst of circumstances. His renouncing of the mighty throne of Ayodhya to keep the word of his father, his infinite love for his brothers and the unflagging love and respect for Kaikeyee, the mother who banished him to the jungles, establish the paramount of love, truth and sincerity over the greatest possible worldly acquisitions. The entire cosmos is sustained by dharma (i.e., prescribed discipline or maryada). Having epitomized the highest discipline expected of Humans, he is called Maryada Purushottam (i.e., the Finest Specimen of a disciplined Human Being).
He personifies the highest of human values, never deviating from the virtuous path in thought, or action, even in the direst of circumstances. He sacrificed the royal throne for the sake of his step-mother and brother Bharat, accepting Vanvas to save his fathers promise. He valued public opinion when it was time to test Sita matas purity, though he loved her so much and never doubted her loyality and purity. That itself shows his quality as a King and a noble human being (but as a husband there is controversy in accepting his this deed as right)
He exemplified model behaviour and conduct and that is why he is called Maryada Purushottam (perfect man). Maryada meaning the intrins ...more
Accepting to go with his guru, Vishwamithra to fight with the Demons (Acharya Devo Bhava)
Accepting what his father, Dasaratha and goes to forest, there by giving way to his younger brother to get the throne (Mathru Devo Bhava & Pithru Devo Bhava) rejecting the people of Ayodhya or Bharaths request to take the throne. (Stick to words), though Lakshman accompanies him, he pacifies Bharath & Shathrugn to stay with his parents, so that they will not miss them.
Accepting and adhering to the Dharma even when he came to know about his fathers death (Stories says Sita conducts the rituals in Ramas absence before the end of the day)
He remains Monogomy, rejecting others (Eka patni vratha dhara)
Ready to accept the friendship of Hanuman & Sugreev and kills Vali (to uphold the JUSTIC ...more