Q.

My dad left my mother, me and my 2 sisters 8 years ago. when they met up at a family reunion, my aunt said something about them getting back together. i was confused. if my dad had loved my mother, wouldn't he had come back 8 years ago?

Asked by Arlinda, 17 Dec '09 09:08 am

1.

It is never too late to make amends. I have seen a case where husband and wife separated. Both remarried, lost their respective spouses years later and then came together again. If they feel that they cannot live without each other, they can of course come together. In old age they might need a friend and companion. However, they ought to be careful that the same poison, which had killed their marriage earlier, does not kill it again. You must allow them to make up their mind. If they rejoin then there is nothing like it. You ought to be happy. May be the love they had for each other 8 years ago would be different to what it used to be.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 17 Dec '09 10:23 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

Being seperated for 8 years and both of them not getting remarried means that the seperation has reasons other than love lost between them. May be it is due to financial stress ,ego etc.When one is relatively young he/she wont compromise his ego on many things and with maturing with aging he/she repents and try to reunite. Also you have not stated whether he is in contact with you, the children during this period. However people need a companion in their old age and if it is his/her old estranged mate it is better and hence it is better for you to think about the ifs and buts and wish them good luck if they decide to reunite.
Answered by Josna, 17 Dec '09 09:58 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

It happens..If you guys(childrens)FEEL,thn jus do it..lol.
Answered by virendrakumar, 18 Dec '09 01:47 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

It's very unfortunate that ur father shd leave ur mother, u and ur two sisters in the lurch, a period, when u all needed him most for ur education and career (as i think)....; it's too irresponsible on his part to have done that, but, the reason why he left u all is a bit enigmatic......, it might have been due to his big 'ego' or lack of love and care in the family or inability to perform his duty as a husband and father due to financial stress or compulsion to live away for marrying another woman..........

but, i feel, if conscience pricks him at some time or other, with the passage of time, he would
surely come back to u all......, besides, he would definitely need ur mother's care and company when he grows old..........., hope for the best!!!!!
Answered by minati vishwakarma, 17 Dec '09 02:55 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

It is better to let bygone be bygone and share the love of your father. You must try to adjust in present and forget the past. Happiness of the entire families lies in uniting and not in diveersing.
Answered by ajay, 17 Dec '09 01:42 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

Yes this is not right when she needed them badly for u guys he was not there to protect u all and now when it seems he is feeling alone he wants u all. this is nothing but matlabipana
Answered by krish, 17 Dec '09 11:11 am

(0)
 (0)
7.

SOmetimes it is not that easy. Love is an aspect of life, but then there is also compatibility. Or maybe (and most likely) your Dad had a rough phase those 8 yrs back in his professional life and sort of felt him getting out of the scene is more useful to you guys than being around as a liability. A LOT of stress in Indian homes happens PRECISELY because the traditional breadwinner of the family is not able to climb the career ladder as fast as modern life demands.

U should find out more in that angle and be fair to ur Dad. If he didn't "like" ur Mom he wouldn't have produced u and ur 2 sisters in the first place and would've produced those kids w/a keep!

I too like my family a LOT, but if I find myself to being a liability to them more than an asset, I will quietly move away from the scene and let them live happily. And how do I get judged? On nothing other than finance.

Answered by A Moin, 17 Dec '09 09:19 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

On sunday i went to an unusual birthday party.... both hubby and wife had turned 60 on the same day and had thrown a big bash.... they had invited all..more

Answered by edel weiss