Q.

How many of your virtual contacts have become real and vice versa?

Tags: relationships, real estate, education
Asked by gem mina, 25 Aug '09 02:32 pm

1.

Most of them are virtual still except a few whom I have met thanks to the Rediff meeting. There are afew with whom i have spoken on phone like Sumita Ganguly and Saj Sierra. So I won't say they are just virtual friends. They are real to me.
Answered by joyoti sen, 25 Aug '09 07:58 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

All my virtual contacts are being kept as virtual only.
If at all anyone happens to meet me they may be disappointed by seeing a simple dull looking aged man.
Answered by anantharaman, 25 Aug '09 06:11 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Dear Gem minaji, Hi Gud eve mam. Yes atleast touch wood many of my virtual friends are very close and some have become direct or indirect related to me now (not to name here) Thanx to our rediffqna forum to which I am very thankful to them in a way. Have a nice day. tke care regards Cyrus
Answered by cyrus irani, 25 Aug '09 04:04 pm

(0)
 (0)

4.

Now don't sigh and say 'here goes Omega again' inspite of my best efforts to rein in. Swimming away from the shore and making a last minute leap to return back to land, here in this case, the answer to your Qn.

In life, we meet a lot of people by accident, by way of the situations we are in, the job we are in or the places that we have to go. Those were the olden days when e-mail and other means of communication were still in the realm of dreams, even if they existed at that time. Now there is a new platform called the internet with its varied options of social networking sites and others like the Rediff where we landed up for our own individual reasons. By accident or by way of the prolonged stay here and the interactions that followed, some take that tentative step to get to know each other. At some stage, we go beyond the mailing contacts and do get to know personally many and continue to keep the same as long as it is mutually convenient and acceptable to each.

Answered by Omega, 25 Aug '09 08:38 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

In all the probabilities, I am the most eligible candidate to answer this one from you Gem and that too in utmost positive manners. Yes, the virtual contacts (innumerable, really) have given (or have been giving) me the feeling of winning the world and that too merely on the strength of words >> let me say `decent` ones. I am so confident here that right now I can roam throughout India without feeling alien in those cities where I have won laurels and appreciation of my virtual friends. Right now, I can give those names to whom `Indra` is more than a rediff friend (and vice versa); but I do know they are so modest and never would admit they are doing something extraordinary for me on the name of virtual contacts. This, surely, is world of our own and we do believe that the pillars on which we have built the building is so solid that once unknown contacts have now become real and inseparable. We share what friends supposed to share, especially in the gloomy days of depression and deject ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 25 Aug '09 03:48 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Just one virtual contact has become real and it has been a VERY fulfilling relationship, one without a name......one which has reinforced my belief in the fact that vibes can be felt even before the person is seen in flesh and blood. Vice-versa, none yet.
Answered by Lion Heart, 25 Aug '09 02:42 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

All those who had supported me and stood by me in times when I had been fighting for a cause are my real friends though I might not have met them. Paradoxically, not all whom I met and spoke I found out to my utter dismay that they are not my real friends.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 26 Aug '09 06:24 am

(0)
 (0)
8.

17 virtual contacts become real -and i hope with in a few days the number will be 25 and again it will increase -the persons with whom i have not met ,they are also real
Answered by Pardeep kapoor, 25 Aug '09 11:52 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

No virtual friend has turned so far into a physical friend. i mean i have not met any one personally., but have made a few friends to who i do send e mails and also receive mails from them. i had decided to leave rediff but it is only due to these friends that i have come back and the reply to your question is my first act after starting in rediff once again
Answered by iqbal seth, 25 Aug '09 04:37 pm

(0)
 (0)
10.

They are still in the vista within my vision // someday or other , its my mission // to have them near // to make them close to heart --near and more near ! ! //
Answered by HARIJIBAN BANERJEE, 25 Aug '09 03:12 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Well...i met my fiance online a little over four years ago... We were a late fifteen and an early eighteen at the time. I talk it all out with my mom ..more

Answered by Karan