Q.

Congress is great. They have almost brought Anna Movement to a step behind non relevance. Your comment.

Tags: money, congress, movement
Asked by Subhas Mitra, 24 Dec '11 11:20 am

1.

Subash, I am not sure if Anna movement was right to begin with, because corruption in India is closely linked to its culture and not its government. In India, we have a "only my family matters, everything can go to hell" mindset. TO put things in perspective, my older brother married a white girl from California and they have a girl child. The kid was offered special admission in Bronx Science school but w/a donation. All my brother's family was delighted since Bronx Science is a top school in USA. But my bro's wife staunchly refused and threatened him w / divorce if he went ahead w/ that donation. In the end, the child went to a normal school in US.

THat is the difference in India. We think it's "normal" to go 2 the point of corrupting a young girl's mind w/ corruption 2 get a shortcut in her career aspirations! In USA, for example, this is unacceptable.

Answered by A Moin, 24 Dec '11 11:29 am

(0)
 (0)