Q.

Why do many Indian parents treat their sons and daughters differently? True emancipation of women will happen only when every girl in our country is given all rights in her own home, at par with her male siblings and is helped to develop her confidence and self image, with a sense of belongingness to her home, and without any fear of 'extradition' as 'paraya dhan' , when she comes of age.... instead of leaving her to destiny to make it good or bad out there...
Do you agree with me or not? Please think rationally and selflessly as you give your valuable comments

Tags: home, relationships, entertainment
Asked by Anita Robins, 04 Jan '10 08:57 am

1.

I cannot speak for any home except for my own sister.

In that case, treatment was DIFFERENT for SURE but not any inferior or superior. If a girl in the family did mischief, Grampappy used to belt me and the boys and have the girls just watch the punishment. But then we could get away w/ going out till 2 am.

GIrls were given more active family support such as money for a biz or a biz w/an already establish purchase order, but the guys had to find a purchase order on their own. And u r expected to ask for family help MUCH less than a girl. I have seen this in my generation. But then girls in family are I admit required to put in more effort for the family and in domestic socio-economics as a compensation and are expected to prioritize running the family at all costs as a priority .

Answered by A Moin, 08 Jan '10 08:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

1. A Social System had to develop for the normal functioning of society.
2. Old people needed to be taken care of.
3. So mutually it was decided that females will take care of homes, so in most of the cultures, females started going to male's homes.
4. As you see that one had to live the home and go to leave with others.
5. Now that is how the system of females becoming "paraaya dhan" started".
6. Previously people were not investing in teh investment instruments to take care of the old age and needed somebody to take their care.
So you have this system.
7. System is changing with more people investing for their old age, reducing their dependence on anhyone, be it male or female child. So the social paradigm is changing and you'll have a much different format in next 50 years.
Answered by manish varma, 04 Jan '10 10:23 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Yes but some families are different, educated families dont think like this , traditional think like this, the only way to stop all this is education and standing on your own feet financially. I think its compulsory for girls, marriage is not so important.
Answered by kamini joshi, 10 Jan '10 10:22 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

A serious issue
needs to be tackled by society at large
and govt. by changes in laws
Answered by anil garg, 04 Jan '10 09:17 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Yes, this mentality still exists in the minds of illiterate parents. Girl and boy both are equal for me. Today girls have proved their metal. Girl or boy both are creation of God. God is IMPARTIAL.
Answered by Sundeep, 04 Jan '10 09:42 am

(0)
 (0)
6.

Dear Still date I have observation no one seperate affection with own childrens, all equal treat, The people learn from western culture that spoil slightly only city area. In village/ town same manner maintaining a lot.
Answered by Vasudevan Govindarao, 04 Jan '10 09:26 am

(0)
 (0)
7.

Due to difference in treatment by society,,,, a boy can b sent in the dead of night --- but think of a girl
Answered by dhanendra kumar jain, 04 Jan '10 09:21 am

(0)
 (0)
8.

Agreed.

Ye ladkiya toh babul ki raniya hein....
Answered by ankit shivam, 04 Jan '10 09:14 am

(0)
 (0)
9.

What you say is correct but let us see why people do like this? Your coment pl.
Answered by vilas manohar deshpande, 04 Jan '10 09:03 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Christmas Time -- A Christian's Perspective It's that time again. Holly wreaths, Christmas lights, mistletoe, candy canes, and bell ringing beggars a..more

Answered by celvah