Why do many Indian parents treat their sons and daughters differently? True emancipation of women will happen only when every girl in our country is given all rights in her own home, at par with her male siblings and is helped to develop her confidence and self image, with a sense of belongingness to her home, and without any fear of 'extradition' as 'paraya dhan' , when she comes of age.... instead of leaving her to destiny to make it good or bad out there...
Do you agree with me or not? Please think rationally and selflessly as you give your valuable comments
In that case, treatment was DIFFERENT for SURE but not any inferior or superior. If a girl in the family did mischief, Grampappy used to belt me and the boys and have the girls just watch the punishment. But then we could get away w/ going out till 2 am.
GIrls were given more active family support such as money for a biz or a biz w/an already establish purchase order, but the guys had to find a purchase order on their own. And u r expected to ask for family help MUCH less than a girl. I have seen this in my generation. But then girls in family are I admit required to put in more effort for the family and in domestic socio-economics as a compensation and are expected to prioritize running the family at all costs as a priority .
IF I fail in a biz or in an effort, the criticisms and fallouts in family are a LOT harsher than if the same thing happened to a female member of a family. If a female member failed in a biz, they ...more
2. Old people needed to be taken care of.
3. So mutually it was decided that females will take care of homes, so in most of the cultures, females started going to male's homes.
4. As you see that one had to live the home and go to leave with others.
5. Now that is how the system of females becoming "paraaya dhan" started".
6. Previously people were not investing in teh investment instruments to take care of the old age and needed somebody to take their care.
So you have this system.
7. System is changing with more people investing for their old age, reducing their dependence on anhyone, be it male or female child. So the social paradigm is changing and you'll have a much different format in next 50 years.
needs to be tackled by society at large
and govt. by changes in laws
Ye ladkiya toh babul ki raniya hein....