Using your phone's internet browser
go to:
Click and drag this link to
the Home icon in your browser.

Changing a childs last name? In MI?

Tags: mi, changing, law & legal
Asked by Motu, 06 Feb 12:01 am
  Invite a friend  |  
  Save  |  
 Earn 10 points for answering
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering    
4000 characters remaining  
Keep me signed inNew User? Sign up

Answers (1)


Hope this helps! : ',

Michigan Name Change Law

Michigan Compiled Laws

seven hundred and Change of name; procedure, minors Sec. one.

one The family division of the circuit court, or until January one, one thousand, nine hundred and ninety-eight, the probate court, for a county may enter an order to change the name of a person who has been a resident of the county for not less than one year and who in accordance with subsection two petitions in writing to the court for that purpose showing a sufficient reason for the proposed change and that the change is not sought with any fraudulent intent. If the person who petitions for a name change has a criminal record, the person is presumed to be seeking a name change with a fraudulent intent. The burden of proof is on a petitioner who has a criminal record to rebut the presumption. The court shall set a time and place for hearing and order publication as provided by supreme court rule.

two A person who is twenty-two year ...more
Answered by Mickey, 06 Feb 12:09 am

Report abuse
Not Useful
Your vote on this answer has already been received

Ask a Question

Get answers from the community

600 characters remaining