Q.

HOBBIES : Did you collect comics and story books in childhood? Which comics were your favorite? Do you still get tempted to buy them,when you see them on display in book stores?

Tags: money, education, electronics
Asked by shintsie, 20 Jan '10 11:55 am

1.

Yes.like all children of my time I was an avid reader of comics and story books. My favourite comics were Asterix and Peanuts. These days i hardly get time to read any comics or books but still whenever I get the chance I swoop onto th escapades and adventures of Snoopy and his gang and of course Asterix and the indomitable Gauls.
Answered by joyoti sen, 20 Jan '10 08:41 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

I was more interested in reading English literature than spending time on collecting comics, so I am a naive in this segment...but...I sued to collect stamps and old coins, which I still preserve those as a token of my childhood hobbies...besides these, I have a good collections books on literature, law and journalism, because being a journalist by profession, these help me a lot in a way or the other as rare reference material...!
Answered by Dil Se, 21 Jan '10 08:31 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

When i was a kid i use to collect comic books and have vast collection . My son reading now the comics i have collected in my child hood days. My favourite comic books are Phantum, Mandrake the Magician, Archie and Riche Rich and of course the great prank master, Denise the Menace, without him there won ' t be any comics at all. My son just love to read especially the Menace. Moreover, if i get the free time i also read comic books.
Answered by Gopal, 21 Jan '10 05:17 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Yes Shintz ! U just made my childhood memories afresh.I was a lunatic/voracious reader of comics & storybooks during my schooldays.And my favourite was FANTOM,MANDRAKES MAGIC,SUPERMAN,CHACHA CHOUDHURY,RAMAYAN MAHABHARAT & PANCHATANTRA(By Chandamama Publications)SPIDERMAN,STORIES of BIRBAL,MULLAH NASRUDDIN,ARABIAN NIGHTS,GULLIVER TRAVELS, DON QUIXOTE, TREASURE ISLANDS, CORAL ISLANDS, THE GOLDEN RIVER, JUNGLEBOOK, THRILLING TALES OF TRAVELS & ADVENTURES & many more, most of which I had got bound with the book binder which my daughter is reading now.At this point of age I also thrilled to see some comics hanging on the wheeler magazine Stall.Thanx 4 recharging my childhood memories
Answered by Pradipta pati, 21 Jan '10 01:12 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Hi Shintz > Well, I hardly would venture to say that I did collect comics and story books in my childhood in Karnatak, because those were my worst days and I vaguely remember anything on availability of such concession in that line at my paternal home. However, days changed drastically (I mean school days) when I saw my name registered in Marathi school in Kolhapur and as my maternal uncle himself was very much lined with primary/secondary schooling programs as part of his government job, there were ample chances to enjoy extra reading material now and then apart from regular school syllabuses. To my happy luck, two of my school teachers, at that time, were living in same lane where we had our two room tiny rented house. These teachers were quite aware of Mamaji`s post in government, naturally their rooms were open to me and my school buddies on the name of extra tuitions and personally I had open access to their reading collection. This is the place where I think (sorry, I am positive ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 20 Jan '10 03:44 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Not anymore, but in my childhood I was crazy about the Indrajal Comics.....Phantom, Mandrake being the favorites and alas I could never afford to buy Ashtrix but it was more fun borrowing and reading.
Answered by Vitty Vits, 20 Jan '10 03:32 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Can you imagin, that till class VIII, there was no electricity in my village where I spent my childhood days till class X....it was remotely located village on the indo- bangla border, where I had to depend upon my elder brothers for anything special,who were then studying in Guwahati and Shillong respectively....I was not very much interested in comics , but I still remember comic/story books like Chacha Choudhary and not remembering exatly....and these days you see the comics/story books which are available in this hi-tech era, has a huge difference wrt. materials that of my time....in fact , when I was motivated my father to take admission in North Point of Darjeeling after my matriculation, all on a sudden I found myself in an atmosphere which was so different (like North n South Pole) as compared to my village life that too completing the school in a vernacular medium...but thenceforth , I had to fight very hard to adjust myself wid d new atmosphere, and it was a big jump in a way ...more
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 20 Jan '10 02:13 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

My hobby was to collect empty match boxes & cigar packs :-)) Not hi-fi naa :-)))
Answered by FriendsRfriends, 20 Jan '10 11:59 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

I used to read phantom,mandrake the magician,tinkle,archie comics,dc comics,chacha choudhary,tarzan,asterix and many many more just to name a few and if given a chance i would still read them.
Answered by LALDUHAWMA, 05 Jul '13 06:39 pm

(0)
 (0)
10.

I collect coins instead of books and the hobby remain continue till date .
Answered by ajay, 23 Mar '11 05:18 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by HEMANT MEHTA