Q.

I was just married last month. We are a young couple who are so happy and in love. I look at some older, married couples and sometimes it saddens me to see what they have turned into. They are angry, bitter, and no longer on the same team..... And then there are elderly couples who have been together their entire lives and are still so in love. My parents are about to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary and are an amazing example of how a marriage can be.....Has anyone heard any great marriage advice or words of wisdom for a young couple just starting out their life together?

Asked by aceventura, 23 Jul '08 09:02 am

1.

Dear Aceventuraji, First of all let me wish you belated "A Happy Wedded Life to you and your partner". May almighty bless you both with all the happiness of life. For your info, I am also happily married for last 37 years and I have a beautiful daughter who is in International Airlines as A Flight Executive and my son is an MBA from Canadian University like me an MBA. Now I have to think about their marriages. But I am happy and so you will also dont worry. As a senior to you in all aspects, my blessings are with you. Al d best. tke care regards Cyrus
Answered by cyrus irani, 23 Jul '08 09:16 am

(2)
 (0)
2.

Mutual trust, respect and love is the key to every happy marriage. Exercise moderation. Dont overdo things
Answered by Jack Johnson, 23 Jul '08 10:09 am

(1)
 (1)

3.

The way the couple lives is that decides thier life in oldage.

it is not a compelsion that seperation come in old age alone.
when thier expectations about each other cross a limit, thier seperation occurs even in the evening of thier marriage.

it does not mean that you too will get the same problems what others get in thier life.

dont lead ur new married life in a confusion. you have your years still to think about this.enjoy ur married life. make her happy.

you wont get answers for some questions for years...
Answered by nivedhitha, 23 Jul '08 04:05 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

I did promise to answer this and I am doing that. Would have done so, but was away for a short while.

You have seen it all right infront of you and I am sure, in all your formative years, you would have observed everything around you as it unfolded in your very presence. If your own parents are an amazing example of how a couple have made a union worthwhile to last a life time, with the kind of affinity that they feel for each other even after 30 years, they are the best living example for you. I am sure, all these years, you have imbibed the very qualities that they possessed and you would keep that in mind in each of those tentative steps you would take, as you begin your own marital life with a partner, who too would be looking forward to a firm footing to start with, so that the years ahead are always blessed with happiness, contentment, a feeling of love & affection for each othere, where you can share everything without ever having to hold back anything and rise above petty th ...more
Answered by Omega, 28 Jul '08 09:29 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

It is a difficult question to answer.
In the beginning, the married life puts the
couple amongst the star for the life
is new and much waited for.
When they become close, they are
in the know of their minus and plus
points of personality.
It is at this stage that they should
compromise.
Answered by AYYAMPALAYAM RAGHAVENDRARAO, 23 Jul '08 08:38 pm

(2)
 (0)
6.

The Wedded Life

T.A. Ramesh (India, 15/04/06)

Friendships can be fixed in the human world
Marriages may be made in the heaven above
But, love blooms like a bolt from the blue,
Answered by T A RAMESH, 23 Jul '08 01:30 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

First of all accept my heratiest congrtulations on getting married. I don't know whether u r Male or Female! So have to suggest common points which r necessary for suucess of marriage! Here are They
1. Take care of each other and love each other from bottom of heart!
2. Respect each other's core family(I mean original family) and show respect to elders in that family
3. Newly wedcouple stays in honeymoon phase even after real honeymoon is over, wher they like to stay togather always 24 Hrs a day and wish for more Hrs in day. But As time passes, the need for individual space will arise, its natural. Provide that space. Do not mis understood that partner's interest in u have been reduced!
4. When u will get first child, particularly male feels that mother of baby is caring only for bay and not for hubby! It is requirement of time! She continues to love hubby but knows her priority, Do not misundersttod her at tht time!
Answered by Tushar Kher, 23 Jul '08 09:34 am

(2)
 (0)
8.

Yes i have only one line to say that Loe is life .Trust is the first important thing in love
Answered by sarvajit sainia, 25 Jul '08 09:32 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Since u mentioned ur parents ,let me cite an example from my own life too...my parents are a unique combination. my pa is a surgeon,while my ma is a musician,pa is a brahmin,ma is a christian of british origin....this made their relationship unique and ever fresh,cause there was too much to be understood and too much to be explored.i still remember ,how,as a child,i saw ma struggle to get appreciated for who she was and how pa stood by her,most firmly and strongly.he never let her feel lonely and isolated and she never ever let him down in any way whatsoever....frankly,she started looking more like a hindu,brahmin bahu,than all the bahus of the family....it was such a wonderful thing to see her work hard to learn the cooking,language,rituals,with absolute ease and how pa made sure that she blossomed under his guidance and watchful care and love.
Answered by shintsie, 24 Jul '08 06:46 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

" On Life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night " - BUDDHA.
My best wishes to you both.
Answered by sankaran subbiah, 24 Jul '08 08:20 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

People are expecting fall in prices of commodities because the new government has been given full majority and there is no pull and pressure from coal..more

Answered by Danendra Jain