What is the best medicine for mouth ulcers?
* You could try chlorhexidine gluconate mouth rinse, which you can buy in the UK from a pharmacy without a prescription. Use it twice daily. There is some evidence that this may reduce the frequency and severity of recurrent mouth ulcers, but long-term use can stain the teeth.
* Look for a toothpaste that does not contain sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS). One study showed that switching to a SLS-free toothpaste more than halved the likelihood of recurring mouth ulcers, but another study found no difference (Oral Disorders 1999;5:39-43).
There are various ways of relieving the pain, while waiting for the ulcer to heal itself.
* Avoid spicy, salty or sour foods until the ulcer has healed.
* Dissolve a tablet of soluble (dispersible) paracetamol in water, and swirl it round your mouth before swallowing it.
* Before eating, rinse your mouth with iced water. This may dull the pain, so that ...more
2 din me thik ho jayega