Q.

Can CAR AC cause Death ? How ?

Tags: health, death, cars & bikes
Asked by anantharaman, 13 Mar '12 09:36 am

1.

Today TOI reported 3 dead in Santro due to Carbon Monoxide. The same incident took place around a month ago. This time also passangers were switched on AC and was sleeping inside the car and engine was on.

I am just curios about to know how many santro owners in team-bhp have tried sleeping in the car while AC is switched on ?

Same I would like to ask other car owners. So that we should make some conclusion, is it the problem with Santro cars only ? Or what could be the reason of leaking the Carbon Monoxide inside the car ? Is there any way to check this gas inside the car ?

One thing is sure the Carbon Monoxide is generating by engine and not with the AC. But the question is the gas is leaking inside the cabin ? AC intake is opened in the engine ? If yes, can we change the AC intake position ?

How is the arrangement of AC intake in other cars ?
Answered by jameel ahmed, 13 Mar '12 09:41 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

I don't think so. But there was one incident I know which happened long back, I forgot the place where it happened, few friends were enjoying drink in a car parking garage where they closed the shutter and car AC was put on. Having closed the shutter, no way of ventilation, after sometime all of them fell unconscious. By the time somebody could notice them and take to hospital, it was too late and none could survive.
Answered by dinkar shetty, 13 Mar '12 09:45 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Its due to leakage of gas from the AC, most probably its carbon monoxide gas ,that can be fatal
Answered by manvika, 13 Mar '12 09:39 am

(1)
 (0)