Q.

"I think it's entirely wrong to look at the Indian involvement in cricket in a negative light. I think of those millions of people in India and the subcontinent who play cricket. They play it with a passion and love it," said John Howard on cricket in India..please comment?

Tags: india, relationships, sports
Asked by dharamender nebhnani, 04 Mar '10 01:16 pm

1.

You are absolutely right. Cricket has become a profession in India -----bread and butter for many. Even in rural areas you will see kids playing cricket on the roadsides. Thanks to BCCI and big industries for promoting cricket in a big way. Big money offered in tournaments like IPL etc certainly encouraged many youngsters to really work hard and become good cricketers. Rising standard of cricket in India is mainly due to this. Hence as you rightly said there no reason to take this involvement of Indians in cricket negatively.
Answered by Good Citizen, 04 Mar '10 04:48 pm

(2)
 (0)

2.

Mr. Howard told the naked truth. I love his sentence " They play it with a passion and love it". Elsewhere in the world, cricket is also played but in a different way. There, cricket is a profession to make a good living. However, in India, cricket is a passion for both class and mass and they try to achieve what they have lost out in other fields like good governance, good life and good entertainment. This passion has taken the game to a new height of excellence and today, no wonder; it is the envy of the whole world. Cricket in India has become an all encompassing inspiration for millions of young Indians who dream of becoming another Sachin or Dhoni or Gambhir or Gavascar tomorrow.
Answered by Tony Fernandez, 04 Mar '10 01:35 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

Though I am not the least interested in cricket but I am not criticizing it either.The only drawback or harm I see with live telecast and commentry of cricket is that people all over the country get so deeply involved in it that they neglect all their important work.Even people neglect their office work and students neglect their study jusyt concentrating on cricket.India is a developing country and such neglect of work and education is least affordable for us.
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 04 Mar '10 01:20 pm

(2)
 (0)

Q.

Word is love." - Sophocles "Attention is the most basic form of love; through it we bless and are blessed." - John Tarrant "We love because it's the o..more

Answered by radhikamruta