Q.

How much importance/value do you give to this world (people) while living your life? I see many people who feel reluctant in saying or doing something just thinking what the world will say or how silly will it be of me considering this world! Do you feel fear about this world and keep this world always in mind before saying/doing anything? Please give a detailed answer.

Asked by Rukhsana.Siddiqui, 07 Aug '08 09:38 am

1.

Well, I think most of us do give undue attention to people around us and their thoughts about us. And we are guarded in what we say and do because we are conscious of others' opinion about us. In a way, it inhibits us from doing what we want but at the same time, you can also say that it keeps us in check otherwise we would also sometime hurt the sentiments of others by our brazen behaviour.
Answered by Manisha Mehra, 07 Aug '08 09:42 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

I do keep it in my mind about not hurting someone while saying something BUT I am very adventerous by nature in doing new & innovative things. Be it my business or my personal life. There I don't care about the world. Be it marriying a totally differnt cast/language speaking south Indian girl or resigning from a good job & starting my own business with just Rs.25k in hand, diversifying from manufacturing to retail, not following any rituals which are must in our society & family, I have always faced resistance from society but never gave up & leaving few regrets, I have mostly benifited from my so called mis adventures.
Answered by sk anarkat, 07 Aug '08 09:49 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

No, I don't need society's approval to do anything. My family ensured that I have some values inculcated in me which I follow. I try not to disturb the social thread but don't allow them to disturb my texture as well :)
Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 07 Aug '08 09:42 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

I live my life in my very own original way. I go by my own rules and will not hesitate to break them if need be. However, I will never do anything immoral or unethical. I hate to follow others, but I will not deliberately hurt anyone. By and large, others don`t figure in my scheme of things. Needless to say that I don`t expect others to take note of my presence.
Answered by kamal mehra, 07 Aug '08 10:48 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

It's basically all about paradigm and personal nature. Controlled by id, ego and superego, everyone to some extent follows one thing and leaves the other. It's not about one being totally bold or totally inhibited.
We have ladies tanning on the beach in bikinis, feeling it perfectly normal and it's normal by the way and then women hesitating to wear even a full-covering jeans with the fear that they may be considered bad. What is normal in one paradigm may be abnormal in another paradigm and having come across a no. of societies and paradigms, even cultures changing at 100 miles in India, I can say everyone to his or her satisfaction develops certain lines of - "Let's do it" and "What will others say?".
It ranges from wearing a pink shirt to offering prayers in public or accepting the belief in certain rituals/superstitions or food habit and as regards me, I respect others' cultures and I am unapologetic about what I follow. I just follow it.
Answered by manish varma, 08 Aug '08 07:50 am

(0)
 (0)
6.

It is not easy to lead our life without caring for the society/world because we learn much from variety of people of the world. It is the people with whom we exchange views, exchange things and celebrate functions. But on the other hand, we should not solely depend on the world because world is selfish and leg puller. People of the materialist world dp not tolerate the progress, prosperity and position of others. To find faults is the mentality of the people. ' YEH LOG KUCH TO KAHENGE, LOGO KA KAAM HAI KAHENA.'
WE SHOULD NOT FEEL FEAR OR OFFENDED WHILE SAYING TRUTH OR DOING RIGHT THINGS WHAT YOUR CONSCIOUS ALLOWS.
Answered by parveen, 07 Aug '08 04:23 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

Since we live in a society, therefore, we much observe certain norms; and follow certain social etiquettes. We are afraid that people would brand us as uncouth person, or they might altogether boycott us. I feel it is important to think before you say or do anything. Take for example you cannot post any question or post anything in this forum what comes to your mind. We have to take into consideration what people would say or what they would think about us. This also keeps our behavior under check. This becomes a guideline for us to keep our best manners in parade. I think it is a good thing.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 07 Aug '08 10:23 am

(0)
 (0)
8.

I live my life king size without fearing of Log kya kahenge
Answered by krish, 07 Aug '08 10:04 am

(0)
 (0)
9.

Sometimes i do consider wht people might say for so n so.....but only in matters where sentiments may be hurt or the social structure is challenged eg. my work has taken me to rural areas in up, pb, and tn, but there i have so far not expressed my views on caste system as it will severely antagonise some people and hinder my job (as, in villages the caste system in very deep rooted and consciously enforced). but when it comes to removing misconceptions regarding Islam i have expressed myself always.

with people who know me well (relatives, frnds, colleagues) i am open, but with strangers or new acquanitances i tend to be diplomatic. this is bcos frnds already know me for wht kind of person i really am, but with new people i may be in a situation where i have to build up relations. so i try not to create a negative image of myself .

but again these r not very hard n fast rules i follow. it all depends on the situation.

Answered by The Light, 08 Aug '08 07:35 am

(0)
 (0)
10.

As far as I am concerned, I belive that my inner voice belongs to my God. And till he supports me n i feel that I am right, i never care for the world around me. This world around us will definitely oppose us when we go against it or do something new but if we follow others is it going to give us a medal? I did it well i heard it never , i did it ill i heard it ever.
So i prefer to do what i like n belive. Once u get success, the same world will follow you.
Answered by puja gogia, 07 Aug '08 12:13 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by Nachiket