Q.

Is it a fact that some of the goods like CF lamps sold in India under highly reputed brands is made in China? This is told to me by one of the leading electrical dealers in my city? Your views?

Asked by Good Citizen, 26 Oct '10 11:47 am

1.

It is no surprise to hear that. China is a established home for many manufacturers. They are masters of bulk manufacturing, they have ample resourses including trained manpower, they are motivated and they want business. You pay the price and you get the quality you are looking for, they have cheap products and have quality products. Now atleast China is paying full attention on quality products. Let us all come to terms with " Made in China" a good reliabale and durable quality product like how we see " Made in Japan".
Answered by Mohammed asim nehal, 26 Oct '10 11:58 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Maximum of the products u can find in the market from leading companies are china made now a days. Nokia... Which is a leading korean company is getting their phones made in china. Samsung, LG, Micromax.... All. Even Sony which is the most trusted brand name in the market is taking their products manufactured in China. i don't think there are 10% companies, specially in electronic market who are making their products in their own factories.
Answered by Dinesh Manaktala, 26 Oct '10 11:52 am

(2)
 (0)
3.

Of course. Most Indian firms prefer outsourcing to China because of cheaper labour and ESPECIALLY the Chinese' ability to keep up time. The latter is the main reason why many outsource there. I remember the nightmare when I was sourcing 4 raw materials 4 my biz out of India. Sometimes they would shaft u on deadlines you'd want to end u r life- only to b saved by family member or staffs. Imagine if u have to give 40,000 pairs of shoes to Florshiem but your leather supplies got delayed 2 u by 10 days.

Raw material sourcing is a b**ch in India. You need to double up as your raw material supplier's production manager and baby sit your raw material guys 24-7. Even then u have issues.

"I need 2 lakh urgently! One of the main machines used to produce u r order broke down!!!"

Answered by A Moin, 26 Oct '10 06:34 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

The Chinese cfls were average in terms of power consumption and luminescence but failed to deliver on lamp life. , Indias consumption was 27 million pieces, almost 90 per cent of which were imported from China. Even bigger companies like Philips and Osram shifted their production bases from Europe to China, and were importing these products in India
Answered by venkatesaldevarajan, 26 Oct '10 12:10 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

There are two types of CFL bulbs one which is cheap for 30/40 rs. and one is for more than 150/- for which they give guarantee .With No guarantee is from china I always purchase bajaj
Answered by babu rao, 26 Oct '10 11:51 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

True
Answered by dhanendra kumar jain, 26 Oct '10 02:35 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

I have reasons to believe this.
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 26 Oct '10 11:48 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Blackberry!..more

Answered by Garima Bhatnagar