Q.

BHANG KA RANG......! Bhang ka rang jama ho chakachak, Phir lo paan chabay.....Arey aisa jhatka lage jiya pe, punar janam ho jaaye.....! Hi, Why people wish to get intoxicated. Why since ages people peferred to get intoxicated with different things during Fesivals and Celebrations ? Why, even today, more Importance given for such intoxicating things than food as part of celebraions ?

Tags: people, relationships, entertainment
Asked by Rachana, 24 Jan '12 09:22 am

1.

BHANG KA RANG...arguably the most important aspect of alcohol is its' ability to act as a social lubricant, allowing people, who consume it to relax and have a little fun. For nearly as long as humans have gathered together in civilizations both big and small, the consumption of BHANG has been considered a way to improve foodstuffs, as well as to elevate a person's mood. Alcoholic beverages have long served as thirst-quenchers. Alcohol has existed longer than all human memory. It has outlived generations, nations, epochs and ages.While habitual drunkenness seems to be rare, intoxication at banquets and festivals is not unusual. In fact, the symposium, a gathering of men and women for an evening of conversation, entertainment and drinking typically ends in intoxication. While there is still opposition to excessive drinking, it is no longer assumed that drinking inevitably leads to drunkenness. Interestingly, considerable disagreement exists concerning who discovered distillation and whe ...more
Answered by Dil Se, 24 Jan '12 10:50 am

(2)
 (0)
2.

Long ago Somewhere I read "Nothing is wrong or right , thinking makes it so....at that time , in my early teens , without understanding the depth , I too was carried away n got convinced with the statement.....when under the present age , good things which used to prevail are being forgotten n the bad part of them are being immitated in the name of following years long customs...In my college life , all my friends used to drink , like beer etc...I never got any attraction in it...n luckily yet to have a taste of it....but , in those days it was occasional or once in the blue moon , for most of them....Its always easier to take excuse after getting addicted to anything of intoxicating nature....sometimes in the name of symbol of status , sometimes in the name of giving company n at times the real enjoyments are being washed away by such things in any functions or festivals....!!! Its sad...not because , I dont drink but in reality its alarmingly increasing.....lately , one young fellow ...more
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 26 Jan '12 02:28 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Paapoyo ka ant karne k liye
Answered by unni, 25 Jan '12 03:12 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

I dont know why.. never liked the taste.. Many times I feel embarrassed when I refuse a drink.. I feel, in hot summer beer is ok.. or a peg or two when the weather is too cold. It can give little more warmth.. But what are the benefits of intoxication I dont know..
Answered by subhash, 25 Jan '12 03:07 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Hi Rachana. It is a good corner that you trapped question of `getting intoxicated during festivities`. Since the SatyaYuga period, we Indians are known as habituated with `Ho Jaaye One More` when we are supposed to celebrate a certain day of deity especially during annual fare. Harvest season is another angle for celebration with alcohol; dusting off the trials of work. May be this growing convention of consumption of liquor (or Bhang as you put) is a kind of getting/feeling relaxing moments from otherwise regular hard working days. Not in illiterate communities in various States but even the State of Kerala, which tops highest percentage of literacy in entire India, recently has broken all records when it celebrated its traditional festivals. I read somewhere that this year`s Onam festival (as we know it is the most joyous harvest festival for Kerala) notched up a new record in alcohol consumption. The State citizens gulped down Indian made foreign liquor (widely known with acronym IM ...more
Answered by Ashok Patil, 25 Jan '12 10:21 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

Rachana, i think, this is a age old tradition when people on festivals or any good occasions wanted to celebrate used such drinks which did intoxicate to feel light and feel only blissfully happy to celebrate that occasion to its fullest. But that time the drink was not as toxic as it is now and people really enjoyed the glamor of it in the right sense . But now the booze factor has only become just another reason to drink on any occasions, not in the spirit of the festival but only in the spirit of getting drunk. Consider it as mere a addiction irrespective to any relation in context of the occasion.
It is always more enjoyable when intoxicating materials are kept away on good occasions to celebrate it with family and friends in the way it has to with all tradition and best of good food :-).
Answered by Anuja, 24 Jan '12 10:14 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

I think it's men or women , all are intoxicated to something or other at some point in their life .....to be frank , sometimes , I too want to sing loud , dance as nobody is watching but my social image restricts my free child to act like that. I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls. And once or twice in a year , during holi or few other social occasions , I drink , dance ,sing to my heart's child

Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 24 Jan '12 10:11 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

Hi!
When we are happy, specially on a occasion or a festival. we try to show it. But unless you feel good you can not be happier. People consume Bhang or whiskey for many reasons, some for stress relief (to get over heartbreak or a rough day at work), some because of social influence (entertaining ads or social acceptance of drinking), some due to social pressure (forced by friends or relatives), some for escapism (to distract themselves from the harsh realities of their life), while others for the sheer delight of tasting and enjoying a nice alcoholic beverage.

Bahng is mainly consumed on Holi to get more masti. Even today, more Importance given for such intoxicating things than food as part of celebraions since there are lots or burden on minds and one can not simply ignore things to enjoy. So to cut oneself from the outer world, people tak such things. But i think otherwise. If you have a nice company, or a good partner or a great friend like Rachna, one need not to do all such ...more
Answered by ankit shivam, 24 Jan '12 09:43 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!~~

I view the world all bleary eyed,
I dissolve, and hear 'em laughing outside
I get drunk and feel warm with pride,
O my goodness, what a good life!
Answered by Mrinalendra Banerjee, 24 Jan '12 09:37 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

Simple reason is enjoyment they get from such things...people wants to forget their worries....and enjoy the occassion :-))
Answered by Twinkle Aurora, 24 Jan '12 09:25 am

(1)
 (0)