Q.

Academic achievements are brand savvy these days...the degree and the institution is of more relevance than the education...does it help us produce truly educated citizens?

Asked by shintsie, 23 Feb '09 05:54 pm

1.

Well dats becoz the educational system doesnt make one think and most colleges churn out poor thinkers and companies have to resort to the name of the degree and university to spearate the wheat from the chaff
Answered by Saj Sierra, 23 Feb '09 09:30 pm

(1)
 (0)

2.

There is a basic loophole in the aim of our whole middle class and their motive for getting educated Shintsie. There is one thing which we all can understand clearly: Education and it's pattern in our country isn't meant to produce good citizens or provide unbiased information.The drafting committee which formulated the new education policy was formed to fulfill the agendas and political idealism of the ruling party.So much is wrong with Indias politics and our mentality to avoid the same with our age old 'chalta hai' attitude. What explains this most unforgivable disengagement ? Many different reasons have been proposed, but I think it really starts in school. Although the syllabus is now much better, when I was in school I mostly learnt about the Freedom Struggle, Shivaji and the Maratha Empire. I learnt a lot about what the results of the Freedom Struggle should have been and how a democratic India should be run. But I learnt absolutely nothing about what happened in the 50 odd year ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 26 Feb '09 08:51 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

If your intention is stressing on the importance of `creating good citizens out of good education`; then I fear the possibility is rather low. Because the present staggering turn to achieve the academic excellence, especially on professional line, is solely for making/earning green dollars and that too hopping to obtain green card and to get a seat under the umbrella of Uncle Sam. The maddening rush to career oriented courses like MBA MCA Medicine Engineering is an indication enough that we are forgetting, day by day, the need and true essence of educated citizen. Therefore the so~called quality producing educational institutions (and there are many) are bombarding the one and only level of syllabuses which is leading their students to get the label of NRI as soon as they can. Do you wish to read an example in this line? One of my cousins is in the final year of MD and I know her future ability to prove herself in the field of gynecology. Her marriage is also settled with a fellow of h ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 24 Feb '09 12:03 pm

(2)
 (1)
4.

Gone are the days when only a select few had access to these prestigious Institutions where they were tested and tried before they got there but today money speaks and so there is no guarantee that products of these Institutes are the cream of society. Organisatons do employ them but those behind the success of Organisations are those that have come up the ranks who leave no stone unturned to see results.
Answered by gem mina, 23 Feb '09 06:14 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Degree speaks about ones education and institution speaks about quality of education. From good institutes one can expect good citizens. There is no wrong in this.
Answered by Chinna, 23 Feb '09 06:01 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Swayze's first professional appearance was as a dancer for Disney on Parade. He starred as Danny Zuko in the Broadway theatre production of Grease bef..more

Answered by shintsie