Q.

India is a country where we remember & appreciate people in obituaries only. How can you explain not using such gifted & brilliant artistes like Girish Karnad & Manna Dey? Isn't something wrong with us collectively?

Asked by Audrey Tata, 30 May '09 01:04 pm

1.

I am reminded of my childhood memories...my Ma an extremely well read person,would get a lot of books home from the univ library,and I used to read them,out of sheer love for reading...author,genre notwithstanding. That is how I came across a plays by Girish Raghunath Karnad,Yayati,which ridiculed the present modern day lives of the ppl,through the characters of Mahabharata,and Tughlaq,probably the most popular and popularily staged play in Kannada...I am unfortunate,I do not know Kannada,so had to read the translated versions,but they had such a deep impact on me. And that was then ,that I recognised the genius of the creative force called Girish Karnad. Audrey,I cant thank you enough for asking this question,cause this ways,atleast I could pay homage to an unsung maestro...though he was awarded the jnanapith,the highest literary recognition,nationally...the masses are simply not aware of his contributions and the classes are busy featuring on page 3 and talking about Paris Hilto ...more
Answered by shintsie, 30 May '09 08:22 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Thank U, U have said it correctly. We must be v much indebted to them.
Answered by krishnaswamy thattai renganathaiyengar, 30 May '09 01:20 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Sure u have assessed properly the hidden talents in whole country
Answered by Dinesh C S, 30 May '09 01:10 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Gielgud's crowning achievement, many believe, was Ages of Man, his one-man recital of Shakespearean excerpts which he performed throughout the 1950s a..more

Answered by shintsie