Q.

Why a watch shows 10:10 in every photo?

Asked by gopal joshi, 28 Apr '09 06:15 pm

1.

Best view for a watch for customer
Answered by anil garg, 13 Dec '09 01:48 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

Showing smiling face like smiling lips
Answered by vedprakash sharma, 29 Apr '09 02:33 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

I think that the 10:10 position (sometimes 10:12 or 10:08) was adopted for pictures of clocks and watches because it is symmetric and looks better. Today the symmetric positions are both aesthetic and customary. Other symmetric hand positions are also used, but not as frequently. Examples include 8:20, 8:18, and 2:50. Reviewing some Seth Thomas clock catalog illustrations, I see a gradually increasing symmetry of the hands as the catalogs progress from 1878 to 1940.

"We always put hands to 10.10 here and in other collections I'm responsible for. The answer is probably quite simply that it looks better, aesthetically and practically, as the clock has a 'smile' on its face (not just a marketing gimmick, it really does look better than a 'down turned mouth' at 8.20) and, as others have said, because it keeps the hands clear of signatures and other subsidiary dials. I note that not every firm uses that position in their marketing though. Synchronome, for example, appear to depict their ...more
Answered by Harish Kulkarni, 28 Apr '09 06:19 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

He played Jigger Craigin in the 1994 Lincoln Center revival of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Carousel and David, the adopted son of Harvey Fierstein in To..more

Answered by shintsie