Q.

I am writing to you as an Australian.

I welcome Indian students to my country and, despite some reports to the contrary, so do the vast majority of other Australians.

I deplore the limited number of attacks which have been made on innocent and defenceless Indian students and wish to see the full weight of the law brought down on the (young) miscreants concerned.

We now more than 250, 000 international students in Australia of which over 60,000 come from the Indian sub-continent. These students contribute almost $16 billion dollars, annually, to our national economy.

Asked by Michael Gamble, 29 May '09 05:35 am

1.

Thanks for the message. i have been to your country several times as my daughters live there and i find australians basically very nice people and helpful. but these bad elements are there everywhere in the world. in all countries.
of all the countries i have visited incl us,uk and uae,muscat and a number of points in east i would say that the most courteous people are Japanese and Australians
Answered by iqbal seth, 29 May '09 06:31 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Nice to know that an aussie feels this way.. i am sure a zillion others also feel it the same way..But it is sad that students are being attacked.. 61 incident in the last 6 months.. had the student been from US i am sure things would have been different.. this is my personal view i might be wrong...or i might just be right.. what do u say mate ?
Answered by khalid ishaque, 29 May '09 05:49 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Good on you Mike - one should not bite the hand that feeds and all that.

Drugs and Drinks - is that what is causing all these problems ?
Answered by miraazh, 29 May '09 05:41 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Modine might be best known for his role as "Private Joker," the main character of Stanley Kubrick's 1987 war movie Full Metal Jacket. Afterwards, he p..more

Answered by shintsie