Q.

Edwina and Nehru----romancing in a brit film based on Indian Summer ----congress raising objections ----no kissing ,, no word LOVE be used ,,no physical intimacy scene,,facts based on records----u think objections justifiable ???or can we see it just as a film,,,, a work of fiction,,,,opine please ,, good morning friends

Tags: love, summer, relationships
Asked by RAJESH, 04 Oct '09 10:15 am

1.

The theme itself is so catchy that it has gripped the media's attention to it which has made the whole nation stand up & take notice of it..for me the important thing here is how the director is able to portray it in a decent enough manner to avoid further objections!!
Answered by dharamender nebhnani, 24 Oct '09 01:13 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Censorship gone mad on the part of the Indian Government. Nobody will ever know the real truth of the Edwina Mountbatten and Nehru relationship - friends or lovers, who knows. In anycase I am sure the film will be sensitively handled and I for one am looking forward to seeing Hugh Grant and Cate Blanchett in it when it is released. Incidentally, the author of the book on which the film is based, Alex Von Tunzelmann (book Indian Summer) is surprised about this because she did not depict any "love scenes" in the book. If people don't approve then they don't have to go and watch the movie.
Answered by Janis, 04 Oct '09 01:27 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Its not clear whether you wish to see the facts..or fiction..or both woven together nicely packaged in a scintillating , pulsating charming love story..which probably you have yearned to see it the way..you have supposedly known about through some news, some stories , some rumours , some presumptions , some assumptions , some aspersions and some curious imaginations.. We wish to believe what we term and treat as true and rest we wish to ignore..or term irrelevent. But the moot point is..where is the ' real truth ' ?? who possess it ?? and whose ' authenthic ' version you are going to believe ?? Since there are no more living persons now.. how you are gonna substantiate or dispute or contradict the ' shown things " ??
Answered by sr sr sax, 06 Oct '09 11:15 am

(2)
 (0)
4.

Objections are not justifiable. If some one does, then more truth will come to the fore. It is well known that he had fallen for her. People also suspect he played into her hands. Why Kashmir problem was taken to UNO and international court? It was Mrs. Mauntbatten !! History may reveal many other things which may not be palatable. Better we keep mum.
Answered by subhash, 07 Oct '09 12:07 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Real truth may be some other thing who knows.......Because Nehru g's name is involved they must be cutting such scenes
Answered by ANURADHA PATHAKJ, 07 Oct '09 11:44 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

Indian people always take sadistic pleasure in demeaning their own leaders... we do not even leave our Gods... So I do not wonder when we love to talk such spicy affairs of our leaders who have apart from living their personal lives, done a lot for our country... People talk about Gandhi also regarding his imaginary relationship with Miraben, and his fascination for Abha and Manu for escorting him to the prayer...I would not feel too shocked even if they show a few spicy scenes about Edwina's relationships with Nehru... But I do not like to enjoy, entertain or respond to this. that is my view...
Answered by Aditya Misra, 04 Oct '09 10:53 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

I dont know much abt this book and it's facts,I would be watching this for sure,not only for entertainment but also to know some historical facts,May be my answer has not given correct opinion to Ur question Raj.
Answered by janvi s, 04 Oct '09 07:46 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Let me assure all the readers, this film, if ever produced and released on the silver screen would be the screen adaptation of the book, " An Indian Summer ", written by the writer, Alex Von Tunzelmann, and know what ? surprisingly this is her first non-fiction book which has immediately caught the fancy of some of the film producers.I have read the entire book and believe me, there is no kissing, love-making or romance involed between the two protagonists in its pages. The only bond between the two is an implied one and not explicit.
Answered by Jaisingh Thakur, 04 Oct '09 10:35 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

When there are so many themes available for film makers to develop why choose a theme that is embarrassing to some? No doubt it will be a money spinner.
Answered by gem mina, 04 Oct '09 10:35 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

It will an interesting story but immoral
Answered by Sandeep Sharma, 04 Oct '09 10:16 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Blanchett came to international attention in the 1998 film Elizabeth, directed by Shekhar Kapur, in which she played Elizabeth I of England. She is al..more

Answered by shintsie