Q.

As per national family health survey(NFHS-2) the 5 major reasons for violence against women in a marriage:
1) Alcohol 2) Economics 3) Extra marital 4) Personality disorder 5) In laws
What do you make of it? comment

Tags: economics, money, relationships
Asked by Josna, 01 Mar '10 08:55 pm

1.

Seems a good pointer
Answered by anil garg, 19 Feb '13 12:59 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

I find it distressing to see that our govt is just refusing to break out of Victorian social analysis :( I will say the ONLY reason 4 violence is stress in homes caused due to lack of social security.

How can alcohol be accounted 4 violence against womenfolk? In the Soviet Union, drinking vodka was like drinking chai, yet the USSR had one of the LOWEST cases of violence against women. Even in India, Kerala is a LOT more "Wet" in terms of liquor than is Tamil Nadu. Our lads break national records in liquor consumption whilst the others try to do the same int hings like productivity....yet violence against women is MUCH lower in Kerala state compared to Tamil Nadu, which is A LOT more prohibitionist in liquor than is KL.

Answered by A Moin, 10 Mar '10 08:50 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

You are right. only fools will disagree
Answered by SHERKHAN, 02 Mar '10 08:53 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

This is according to national survey. but have you experienced any five of these personally. i have been married for 35 years and no such thing has happend in my faimily.
Answered by iqbal seth, 01 Mar '10 09:36 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

In the US, it is no different, for Single Mom's 2 b subject to Domestic Violence. I mean, I dunno abour the permissions thing personally, I wouldn't j..more

Answered by A Moin