Q.

As a boss will you take an exceptionally brilliant guy with 10 years experience but changed jobs 5 times to work with you. Yes or No ---why?

Tags: money, relationships, careers
Asked by Good Citizen, 20 Oct '12 01:48 pm

1.

I will first try to know why he has changed so many jobs within this short tenure ......... if the reasons matches close to my thinking and if it seems genuine , I will take him , otherwise , if it's simply for few extra bucks ..........no please.

Reasons ?

First thing we must love the job what we are doing .... if not , then no use to continue ...change at the first opportunity . Secondly , if the company have no potential for professional and HRD growth , we must start looking for other jobs .And thirdly , if we have reached the highest level of our incompetence where we can't add value to ourself and company , either change ourself or change the job

Otherwise , frequent job changes only for some extra money does not speak well about your career to the professional management
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 20 Oct '12 02:52 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I'll have to consider other factors as well. whether he's serious or not, one can judge during interview.
Answered by vishal goel, 20 Oct '12 02:27 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Why not- It is already happening with IT Industry-He changes the job frequently does not means he is not dependable or incapable
If the profile matches your expectations u shoud; Only thing is that u can always check with him if h wud like to stay longer in ur organisation(Citing Rolling stones gather no mass) or always there is an option of background check;
Atleast I will not think that as a negative
Answered by Rose, 20 Oct '12 01:55 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

In 10yrs 5 times is on a little bit higher side ........ but I have seen a candidate who was having 10 yrs candidate but changed his job for 11 times ...... though I rejected him but I asked a Qn to him what is the reason to change the job so frequent .......... his answer was so intersting, it was a lesson for me ......... he told me, sir due to this , now I have cleared all the libalities on me now I am in a perfect situation where I am having a 2bhk house and and my kids are in a good school at the age of 32 ........... when he joinned , his 1st salary was about Rs.4000/- and now his salary is around Rs.42000/- and he is looking for a change where the salary should not be less than 45,000/- ........... he argued with me when I told him, I am having 24yrs of experience but changed only 3 organisations ........... his reply was really shocked ........ he told me , Sir, experience wise you must be having more but I have come accorss 11 bosses and having the experience of 11 differen ...more
Answered by pradeep mishra, 20 Oct '12 02:14 pm

(0)
 (0)