Q.

Do you believe in music therapy? It is said that rag Mohanam is a good stress reliever and will soothe headaches. Which is your favorite song in that rag?

Tags: music, health, education
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 17 Sep '09 12:53 pm

1.

You made me to believe Music theraphy.I want to share here what I read in web.....Coz this answr may be useful those who are having real interest in this subject....!!!

Music therapy is a scientific method of effective cures of disease through the power of music. It restores, maintains and improves emotional, physiological and psychological well being. The articulation, pitch, tone and specific arrangement of swars (notes) in a particular raga stimulates, alleviates and cures various ailments inducing electro magnetic change in the body.

Music therapy has a long history dating back to ancient Orphic school in Greece. Pythagorus, Plato and Aristotle, all were aware of the prophylactic and therapeutic powers of music. Even the old testament mentions music therapy where King David is said to have cured an illness by playing on the harp. Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, used music to cure human diseases. In ancient Egypt music was used to lessen the pain of women during ...more
Answered by anantharaman, 18 Sep '09 03:39 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Dear Muktha, you have made some scope for me to work.

Well, research has shown that music has a profound effect on our body and psyche. In fact, theres a growing field of health care known as Music Therapy, which uses music to heal. Those who practice music therapy are finding a benefit in using music to help cancer patients, children with ADD, and others, and even hospitals are beginning to use music and music therapy to help with pain management, to help ward off depression, to promote movement, to calm patients, to ease muscle tension, and for many other benefits that music and music therapy can bring. This is not surprising, as music affects the body and mind in many powerful ways. The following are some of effects of music, which help to explain the effectiveness of
Answered by joyesh chakraborty, 17 Sep '09 01:49 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Sai Ram. Yes and I regularly use music, soothing and relaxing to keep me refreshed and stress free. I don't know the ragas and simply listen as inspired.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 06 Aug '10 08:34 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

I like music very much but have no ideas about Raga. I like to listen songs. It certainly makes me feel better. I like to listen mostly my local songs. Briz ke Rasiya, Dhola, Malhaar, Patka and Ragani. I never listend to English music. Old Hindi songs are all my favourite. Aap ko ek gana sunau.....Banwari re jeene ka sahara tera naam re...Mujhhe duniya walo se kya kaam re....

Achha tha na.....Ub aap isko 10 minute tak gungunao, bahut sakoon milega.
Answered by ankit shivam, 18 Sep '09 09:59 am

(2)
 (0)
5.

Yes! and, Its quite understandable that Shakespeare opens his renowned play, Twelfth Night saying if music be the food of love; play on .
Answered by Praveen Kapur, 18 Sep '09 12:05 am

(2)
 (0)
6.

Though not about this raaga , but surely would like to say about the effect of music that i experienced in my life., R. D. Burman's music has played a pivotal role in nurturing my entire thought process and confidence level (sounds strange naa but thats true) , i have been listening to r.d.burman exclusively and every sound, music,lyrics of his composition and even his voice (which i love so very much) gave the added magical value to his music , surely the beginning of his song would remove all the stress pain and so on., and the variations in the tune the sounds of every instrument so clear would make me to listen to that song again and again , and in this process i started to analyse why he played that instrument at that particular time and this became a habit for me to understand what every instrument in the orchestra means to say about the song and the lyrics , believe me this analysis helped me later to explore the real life problems also and in that only i could find hopes of me ...more
Answered by kishoranandvittalmangalore, 18 Sep '09 10:32 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

Dear friend i will be higly obliged to know the ans from u i am arock fan live show any where in india i attend like bon jovi coming to banglore i wil ateend the concert jet throtle was very good concret in bomby
Answered by sanjay shenoy, 17 Sep '09 05:15 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Mohana Raama by Thyagaraja. If you want to know more about music therapy, refer to Datta Peetha, Mysore.
Answered by mandook, 17 Sep '09 04:54 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I don't have any idea about ragas but I agree that good music helps us to relieve stress. For me any good song with soul stirring music and heart touching lyrics have a mesmerising effect on me. And if a particular song manages to move me I listen to it again and again.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 17 Sep '09 03:12 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

I don't know much about Raga, but yes music is a good stress-buster. I know an American colleague of mine used to put on MP3 with earphones, while at work and he was quite efficient. In fact he shifted and is in much better position now.

So I certainly believe that music not only sooths the nerves, but increases productivity too. As for me, I am fond of good music ranging from Saawan Rut Aayi of Ustad Sultan Khan to I'm your Angel of Celine Dion to some good dancing numbers. Only thing - It should be good music, soothing to ears.
Answered by manish varma, 17 Sep '09 02:20 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

For this shot I would recommend a female rat if you want the rat to run from point A to point B quickly. You could even clicker train her to race stra..more

Answered by Mickey