Using your phone's internet browser
go to:  qna.rediff.com
Click and drag this link to
the Home icon in your browser.
Q.

Should stray dogs be sterilized?

Tags: stray dogs
Asked by ankit shivam, 04 Jan '11 09:30 am
  Invite a friend  |  
  Save  |  
 Earn 10 points for answering
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering    
4000 characters remaining  
  
    
Keep me signed inNew User? Sign up

Answers (6)

 
1.

Dogs can wait. The way the population is mushrooming at 20% in a decade from 1000 to 1200 million (as compared to a growth from 281.42 to 308.74 million) (a 27 million growth, the slowest since depression to our 200 million growth in the same period), I think we should deal with the human species first, by making it mandatory to do that.
Answered by Omega, 04 Jan '11 09:35 am

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (1)
Not Useful
 (1)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
2.

Without comprehensive Animal Birth Control(ABC) and Anti Rabies Vaccination(ARV)programs in place to help slow and eventually stop the indiscriminate breeding of Delhi's stray dogs along with insuring the population is vaccinated against rabies,their numbers,as well as the number of rabies cases will continue to increase. In dog population management,the concept and benefits of an area based ABC program may be easier to understand if we compare it to a "vaccination" against the disease of overpopulation.We know scientifically that over 70% of the dog population,which includes any unsupervised or partially supervised dogs in any given demographical area,must be sterilized in order to stop the population increases.By sterilizing over 70% of an area's dog population the birth rate will be affected sufficiently to bring about a population decrease within that area.The positive outcome of this type of program will be that any successful mating of the remaining 30% of the dogs is reduced to ...more
Source: http://www.ammas.com/topics/Medicine/a155000.html
Answered by anju chauhan, 04 Jan '11 10:15 am

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (2)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
3.

Instead vaccinated with ARV to prevent menace...!
Answered by Dil Se, 04 Jan '11 09:40 am

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (2)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
4.

Yes.
Stray dog menace is increasing and many have even died of rabies after being bitten by such dogs. Some people say stray dogs should be shot dead because human life is more important. That will be curelity. The best way to get rid of them is to reduce their number through sterilisation.
Answered by Uncommon Freind, 04 Jan '11 09:36 am

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (2)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
5.

It has to be brought to blue cross and sterilized
Answered by saranathan Narasimhan, 05 Jan '11 04:02 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (1)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
6.

Should be done but who will do it ????
Answered by rajan, 04 Jan '11 09:52 am

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (1)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received

Ask a Question

Get answers from the community

600 characters remaining

Related Answer

Q.
A

Arv super market..more

Answered by vignesh