Q.

I think culling of birds cant be the only solution upon Bird flu...(proper disinfection, high quality infrastructures, quality Laboratory monitoring are the solutions, not killing). I think Government is hiding its inability to strengthen the Animal welfare schemes. do u too think so?

Tags: u, solutions, government
Asked by Archana, 24 Jan '08 11:30 pm

1.

H5N1 avian influenza (popularly known as bird flu) is taking it's toll in West Bengal, spreading like the recent fires of Burrabazar. disinfection, infrastructures, laboratory monitoring are aspects that the government does not think of until it is too late. Culling is the extreme step that can delay the spread of the virus. I am saying delay, since this virus is strong and then again we do not have the infrastructure to contain it. We need to ensure that the virus does not spread to other states and cities and help from the central govt. would be required to provide adequate funds to contain this epidemic.
Answered by Samapan Sarkar, 25 Jan '08 07:55 am

(0)
 (0)