Q.

Some of you must have watched the programme WE THE PEOPLE on NDTV. The 'spirit' of Mumbaikar's was lauded. Where else would it be different? Do we have alternatives but to get on with our lives to earn our daily bread?

Asked by gem mina, 01 Dec '08 07:24 am

1.

Haaha.........a tricky one Gem, I don't know in which way I give my answer.Actually you are right in your observation here, we don't have other choices but to carry on with the daily work.Who else is going to earn bread for me then?? Perhaps none n its the same everywhere be it Delhi, Ahmadabad or Jaipur.We are getting habitual now, tough it is for those who are affected by these attacks physically, mentally or economically, not for the likes of me watching everything on TV. Even for the TV channels, its like a break from the usual blast related news but it is inspiring to see all this, applause for the way of presentation.If makes me feel good that people have the tendency(I won't say courage) to forget things easily.Don't worry Gem, our Mumbai is going to be the next Shanghai soon but our beloved CM is dethroned :-))
Answered by prashant sharma, 03 Dec '08 06:32 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

You are right of course....but in the case of mumbai.....it is truly resilient because since 92 riots. '93 bomb blast, and yet has withstood difficult times both natural and unnatural disasters..... and to top it all, it also withstands assault on it by the likes of SS and MNS.... compared to mumbai, the spirit of ppl from other cities has not been tested so badly.....
Answered by sumitha, 01 Dec '08 06:19 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Though I have not watched this particular program last Sunday night but I agree that Mumbaikar's spirit is dauntless. It is simply invulnerable to fear or intimidation due to such act of terrorism as we have seen so often. Mumbaikar has an uncanny ability to dust his clothes and stand back on his feet. The reason is not because living in Mumbai makes you brave but because we are under so much pressure that we simply cannot afford to stop and cry but to get on with our work. It is a real fight for survival and here only the fittest survive.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 01 Dec '08 07:42 am

(0)
 (0)