Q.

Recently I did visit a Temple. I did observe visitors wearing variety of outfits like:

a) Sarees
b) Salwar Suits
c) Tight Jeans & Tops
d) Skirts
e) Sleveless

Do you thing one should have basic sense about God or not? Share your thoughts.

Don't ask smartly, why do I see them - obviously one can't close the eyes in a temple :)

Asked by Sukhoi, 01 Jul '07 11:20 pm

1.

I fail to understand why people can't show basic decency at places of worship or that too has to be made mandatory?! More than that, how they try to defend with senseless arguments... it's a shame.

Only one question comes to my mind when I see such people... if they can afford Rs. 1500+ of Levis / Pepe cant they get just one Rs. 300/- worth decent dress for temple visits? Or one has to argue here also as what is the need, God knows all, heart is pure blah blah. God has seen us in our birthday suit too ...so?!

The need is to safeguard religious sentiments if nothing else. Latest example, objection over Katrina Kaif wearing a short skirt at Dargah Sharif, Ajmer. Wear a mini all the time everywhere for I care, but at a place of worship why one can't respect basic sensibilities? To draw attention world is a stage... spare temples please!

Answered by Summer Rose, 04 Jul '07 12:26 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

I would hope that visitors should voluntarily observe a certain decorum of decency while visiting places of worship and avoid sleeveless short and tight clothes. If they don't entry should be refused.

A case in point. Nobody is allowed in the Vatican wearing sleeveless so most tourist carry a sleeved outfit in their backpacks to put on before they enter. The guards stop the improperly dressed from entering.

That is the way it should be.
Answered by EmM, 02 Jul '07 06:36 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

A saree tied way below in the waist, cleavage showing and all.....a saree wrapped humbly,covering the head in respect,dignity.
similarly a pair of jeans with a spagetti string tight top ,eyes drifting seductively.....and the same jean-spagetti string ,gracefully covering the head with a stole,eyes fixed on the image of god .........

dude,its not what you wear but what you project !

one goes to the temple with humility,worship and reverance....if any of these is absent .........well well

in any case ,one must not value judge.

a low class call girl,dressing the only way she knows is as welcome to the temple as any of us......
Answered by Shilpa, 05 Jul '07 03:06 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Yes a certain degree of decorum should be maintained at places of worship.

not sure about others, but If I make a visit to a template and I happen to see a gal/woman scantly clad, then definitely I will be more interested in her than my prayer. ( blame it to hormones ). but yes thats the truth.... so please please please....in order to allow me and people like me to pray to god.. please cover yourself properly...
Answered by Sonu, 03 Jul '07 05:25 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

Its the sense of a man which tells him what to do in which situation.but what to do to nonsence people?
Answered by kalinga kanya, 01 Jul '07 11:24 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Gud thought,actually nw a days people mixed holy and jolly.
Answered by thiagarajan ashwin, 01 Jul '07 11:22 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

People are free to wear any clothing as long it is decent. Why must you observe people in a temple, even if they come indecently. They get a lot of importance. If you dont like something just ignore. There are many things that are inappropriate just dont give importance. NO NEED FOR ANY CLOTHING RULES
Answered by kamini joshi, 19 Dec '10 06:35 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

Your views may be relevant
but times are changing
there never was a dress code for visitors to temples
the young generation is caring to visit
is more than enough
Answered by anil garg, 13 Mar '10 01:32 am

(0)
 (0)
9.

This is freedom of young generation u cant help sir
Answered by Dinesh C S, 15 Aug '09 02:25 pm

(0)
 (0)
10.

What is basic sense for you, wearing saris, salwar suits.?
Your question seems a bit prejudice..gender bias? Anywayscoming directly on the question.
What is god? What are his demands? Are there so many or only one? If one, than what Christian wears ? Why all these prohibitions and who made them?
If you are there to worship why look around and even if you look around, these things shouldnt bother you as you are there with pure mind..isnt it?

What is the use of following the adage moonh mein ram bagal mein churi?
People wearing salwar-kurtas, sarees, bada sa teeka and committing crimes, burning bridesis this what comes under your philosophy of worship?

Can you please tell me the role of robes in being spiritualor for that matters god ever saying no to such practices
Grow up buddy, open your eyes and try questioning the existing norms. Put logic, it really helps.
Answered by meenakshi sharma, 02 Jul '07 11:49 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Ajmer is well known for the Dargah of Sufi saint Khwaja Moin-ud-din Chishti. The 'Dargah Sharif' in Ajmer is held in great esteem by devotees of all r..more