Q.

Which WAR movie,moved you enough to bask under the patriotic fervour? it doesnt need to be an Indian movie necessarily,cause patriotism is a universal factor.....

Asked by shintsie, 27 Feb '09 11:11 pm

1.

Gandhi and Indias freedom struggle depicted in the same was what moved me. As for a real war movie it was Guns of Navarone that encapsulated me
Answered by Saj Sierra, 27 Feb '09 11:19 pm

(1)
 (0)

2.

In my view, war movies which masturbate on patriotism are the more poorly made ones. I don't need to get my dose of patriotism in the silver screen. When I look into a war movie, I'd want the movie to focus more about...war- and how it affects & changes the people involved in it (soldiers).

War movies which approach issues & wars using a "good & evil" theme- as a springboard for SELLING patriotism in the box office- are very very shallow by & large and this is one of the primary reason why ALL Indian war movies blow goats.

To prove my point in an ENGLISH war movie, you might want to cross compare GREEN BARETS with PLATOON. Both are Vietnam war movies, but the former basks on patriotism & presents the war from that view....and the latter (Platoon) is a war movie which studies war & its effects on soldiers itself.

Answered by A Moin, 02 Mar '09 01:47 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

The only masterpiece of WAR genre that will capture a perfect seat in your question is none other than SAVING PRIVATE RYAN from that world acclaimed director Steven Spielberg. There is hardly space to pinpoint that critical condition of yours whether the movie is patriotic or otherwise. However, to me, every other movie based on war theme somewhat known as patriotic one simply because the element it shows surely relates on the alley of patriotism. The movie is an apt and thorough example of ideal war movie making and it is so touchy that one can easily sniff and dab his/her eyes on couple of scenes. One of these is so heart breaking when US Marshal Van is seen approaching a home in rural land area and an old woman --- mother of four well grown guys is engaged in kitchen work and she sees the military van and instantly recognized the wavering flag of Star and Stripe. We see van halts before her gate and along with military attache and Father of the local church start stepping down the v ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 28 Feb '09 12:53 am

(2)
 (0)
4.

Bridge on the river kwai
Answered by HARIJIBAN BANERJEE, 02 Mar '09 05:59 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Shints , My answer may differ a lil ,,,but when i say its Slumdog --------i may not be wrong -----------its war of a different nature----Okayyyy?
I am a die hard INDIAN---and it just gave a war like feeling to my internals !!!!!!!11
When i m getting my things right --why any body else to point to -------------------
If u laugh on my god given weaknesses --u r going to pay for it dearly ----that's what i need to convey ----no one is complete -----and synergy comes appreciating goodness and covering mistakes ---------not by exposing weakness and suppressing virtues -------------------My war is a different kind --but that's the way it is ---------------I just want to be one among the equals ----as India , as Indian ----if no more ,,,,,,at least --no less
Answered by RAJESH, 01 Mar '09 09:20 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Bridge on the river Quai starred by alec guiness & Van rayn Express
Answered by SREENIVAS, 01 Mar '09 05:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Every war movie is packed with a patriotic fervour and I have watched quite a few of them - to name a few - Guns of Navarone, The Great Escape, Patton, Russians are Coming, Russians are coming (a comdey), Battle of the Bulge,
Answered by gem mina, 28 Feb '09 03:57 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Hindustan Ki Kasam released in 1973. I was a child then but at that time people of age groups had a fierce sense of patriotism in them because of the 1971 war with Pakistan.While watching the movie I too was very much moved by this sense of patriotism and discussed it with my parents,uncle , cousins and even my kid brother for quire a number of days.
I am pasting the following from Wikipedia.
It starred Raaj Kumar ,Priya Rajvansh, Balraj Sahni, Padma Khanna, Amjad Khan,Chetan Anand, Vijay Anand, Amrish Puri,Parikshat Sahni, Bharat Kapoor, Nitin Sethi
The movie is different from other war movies in Indian cinema as it vividly describes the IAF's role in 1971 Indo Pak war in the western sector. It has got great aerial dogfights sequence.

Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 28 Feb '09 03:19 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Benhur, BraveHeart, Gladiator, Gandhi, Bhagatsingh, MangalPandey, Alexander the great ,Border etc are all war movies. Patriotism can be is a universal factor ,still sticking to invidual principles is more important which have created Real Heros in the world. Gandhi's war against the supreme British rule without bloodshed,it was with his principle of Ahimsa and a single slogan Quit India. In Benhur ,the fight was of Son of God ,Jesus against the existing rulers who were totally against HIS principles and thinking.Same was the case in Brave Heart, Gladiotor, BhagatSingh. MangalPandey.
Answered by Rachana, 27 Feb '09 11:28 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Killing Fields, Apocalypse Now
Answered by Parthapratim Chakravorty, 27 Feb '09 11:14 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Yeh ARMY ke sabhi jawan(soldiers) gaate hain..more

Answered by asdf