Q.

I paid my advance tax in SBI Chandpur (Branch code 01599). Now I require BSR code for filing IT return. But bank staff refuges to inform me this number. From where I can get this no.? The branch is computyerized.

Please help.

Asked by Devesh Kumar Singhal, 30 Jun '07 01:23 pm

1.

Income Tax Department's initiative to receive information and maintain records of tax paid through banks through online upload of challan details is named as OLTAS (Online Tax Accounting System).
The collecting bank branch will put a rubber stamp on the challan and its counterfoil indicating a unique Challan Identification Number (CIN) comprising of seven digit BSR Code allotted by RBI to that bank branch, the date of deposit (dd/ mm/ yy i.e. six digits), and the challan serial number in 5 digits. CIN will, therefore, be unique for each challan through out the country and will be used for identifying the challan in the OLTAS.
BASIC STATASTICAL RETURNS (BSR)
Answered by vedula rs, 17 May '08 03:40 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.