Q.

HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY : "We have the power to shrink our dreams to fit reality or the power to stretch our reality to fit our dreams".
Which of the two do you follow to live a meaningful life? Does it reflect in your success vis-a-vis your career or life style?

Tags: reality, relationships, careers
Asked by shintsie, 13 Jan '10 07:28 pm

1.

A successful man shrink his dream to fit reality and win but a legend stretches his reality to fit his dreams and win. The first ones are many but the second very rare.
Answered by Josna, 18 Jan '10 08:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I being a student of literature always live in my world of dreams and imagination.Naturally I try to stretch my reality to fit my dreams! My all time favorite is William Blake's songs of Innocence and songs of Experience.Here is a man who has encompassed the totality of life itself in these small exquisite songs!
I know to lead a meaningful life one has to be practical and be as real as one can get,yet to me the life I lead seems meaningful enough! Yes it reflects on my success,as I am pursuing my further studies in English Literature abroad.I do have a bright career ahead of me and although I have been always
ridiculed for living in my world of dreams away from harsh realities of the world, I relish every moment of my dreamy world:-)) I would like to conclude with the words written on William Blake's tombstone,"I must create a system, or be enslavd by another mans. I will not reason and compare: my business is to create"
Answered by inquisitive, 15 Jan '10 12:43 am

(1)
 (0)

3.

Well, I respectfully disagree with such conclusions. I think life is meant for 'thrive' rather than 'survival'. Life is supposed to be fun and meaningful. Don't compete with others, compete with the best in you. competition is helpful in determining public opinion that's all. You are an original masterpiece, with enormous and unique potential. You complement each other with your originality, rather than compete against each other trying to win the approval of others. Actually, competing with others lowers your aspirations to what others can do. Use your life to do what you love, rendering service that gives your life meaning. Find something that gives you joy and fulfillment; work that gives you pleasure, the contribution you would still make even if you were not paid to do; the kind of work that helps you to express yourself at your best. Be specific about what you want, and know that you deserve the best. Big achievers are big dreamers and the big dreamers that achieve big are very ...more
Answered by Dil Se, 22 Jan '10 01:04 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

As you have already mentioned , two ways to look at the two meaningful aspects of our lives...let me make it three....in mathematical terms:
1. Dreams > Realities : A way of self -motivating yourself that u can still go ahead ,the world has not ended yet.
2. Dreams = Realities: We must continue to thank Almighty whenever , small or otherwise, any of our dreams comes true.(Jab hum kuchh palon ke liye yeh kahen ki, mujhe sab kuch mil gaya....)
3. Dreams< Realities: This is the reality which each of us must accept gracefully...life would definitely look easier and simpler.
If you compare ur dreams wid a circle, and the reality wid a cyclic quadrilateral, then u may find someone is so heavenly blessed that he/she sees a square in that cyclic quadrilateral , some as rectangle, some as parallelogram or may be most of us ,as a sketch wid four vertices only.....but they all fulfills the properties of a quadrilateral...so what I mean to say is that, u dont need to shrink or strech ur dream ...more
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 15 Jan '10 05:59 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

When I tried for the power to stretch my reality to fit my dream I could not succeed beyond a certain target.Some of my genuine dreams shattered away.

When I tried with the power to shrink my dream to fit the reality, it was amazingly worked the opposite way!!!

Something happened beyond my dreams ---- !!!

I could not follow either of the way decisively.
All the happenings in career or Lifestyle taken place on its own way--- !!!
Gods grace indeed --- !!!
Answered by anantharaman, 15 Jan '10 03:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Sapne unke poore hote hain
jink sapno me jaan hoti hain
pankho se kuch nahi hota yaaron
honsale se bhi udan hoti hain.......
sapne to hamesha haqeqat se bade hi hote hain.......we should but understand and decide which dreams are to be followed.....the dreams to conquer the world or to conquer the hearts.....the dream to achieve some personal wellbeing or the dream to achieve some succes is which is good for all.......and once u hace decided .....however big the dream is , however big tough the reality is we should give it a try,,...aasman ko chune ki koshish me sitare to hath aayenge hi!!
sote hue to sapne sabhi dekhte hain par dekho aise sapne dekho jo hume sone hi na de!!!
Answered by shashank sharma, 14 Jan '10 02:42 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Kuch sapne buri tarah se tut jaaye toh insaan baad mein maayus hoke sapne dekhna chod deta hai...woh sapne dekhne se darne lagtaa hai....waise sapna bhi ek SOCH hai.....usse apna lo agar woh nek hai toh aur try to give FULL N BEST EFFORTS....apne hisaab se result naa aaye toh bhi apne diye hue efforts aur attempt se santusht raho......
Answered by krunal modi, 14 Jan '10 02:08 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

As I have experienced in my life, human potentials are unlimited. A person is capable of achieving any heights, any goals. But, it is not given to every one to do the impossible. So, first we should fix some attainable targets, to avoid any disappointment. Gradually, we can raise these bars as per our capacity.
Answered by kishore malhotra, 13 Jan '10 08:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Power to stretch our reality to fit our dreams.
Answered by suman das, 13 Jan '10 07:37 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Actually, i think it depends on our point of view,,,,,,,,,,we can do either of the two things....... dare to dream to just dream to dare............it would be better if we dare to dream big and do our best to fulfill our dreams............this is what i do.............i always try to fulfill my dreams............not all dreams are fulfilled........but it really gives satisfaction that atleast i tried.............thats important............
Answered by Kalyani Sawant, 13 Jan '10 07:32 pm

(1)
 (0)