Q.

Hurt is always self invited...even if we try and put the blame elsewhere,we are victims of our own doings...I firmly believe in this...what is your take on the same?

Tags: relationships, health, education
Asked by shintsie, 09 Oct '09 08:29 am

1.

True. Whatever happens to us are the direct causes of our own doing, whether good or bad.To get hurt means we have done something to somebody and the reaction from that person hurts us. All people are a bundle of emotions and when it unwound we get hurt ,happy or sad.
Answered by Josna, 15 Oct '09 10:24 pm

(1)
 (0)

2.

Well, I've had a splittin' headache from my eyebrows to my backbone
Arthritis appendicitis brights disease and gall stones
Bleedin' ulcers ingrown toe nails swollen adenoids
The Asian flu a time or two and inflamed vocal chords
I've had a toothache so severe my jawbone split in two
But nothing's ever hurt me half as bad as losing you.

Well, I've had the lit end of a cigar pressed against my belly
Whupped on with a crowbar till my eyeball turned to jelly
Answered by anantharaman, 19 Oct '09 07:58 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Not always. Many times you say nothing to someone. Yet he hates you because of your success. It is a sort of jealousy that prompts him to hurt you. Even if you are 100 km away, someone can hurt you. Hurting is not always bilateral. Many take pleasure in hurting others and they do it unilaterally, without instigation. Ask a very fat woman. Ask a beautiful college girl,.who is just crossing the road........
Answered by subhash, 12 Oct '09 09:56 am

(2)
 (0)
4.

To a larger extent, its true...more importantly believing this way makes u aware of the impending danger awaiting 4u,and u get a chance to take precautions, so that u can lessen the pain of being getting hurt...but I wud never say that "hurt is always self invited..."One of my clients in his seventies came to my office, who faced all sort of difficuluties within a span of three years, daughter getting divorced within a year, wife expired within a month out of brain tumer and he himself being diagnosied , as suffering 4m prostate cancer...frankly speaking in my 25(+) years of association with hi, I never found him to be a person who lives in day dreaming or cud be the cause of other's wound....then why he? Wat he told me , connecting it to religious belief that misdeeds committed by us prior to our this life , are supposed to be compensated by us in this life...dont know its true or wrong...but seems to be logical unconvincingly...
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 09 Oct '09 08:30 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

We always do things right ,, may be greed comes , that's our own ,,, may be ego comes ,, that's too our own ,,,, and may beToday's the `Festival of Lights' all o'er; ,,,, A joyful day for minds and hearts and souls;,,,, And people throng the Temples to offer,,,,,, Prayers, resolving to take better roles,,,,,. And most of them are richly clad and clean, ,,,,,, And eat such dainty foods and sweets with mirth;,,,,,, Whilst noisy crackers burst, their lights are seen, ,,,,, It seems to be a happy day on Earth! !!!!!!!! But are there not hearts woe-filled, very sad?,,,,, Denied of laughter, smiles for days; ,,,,,,,,,, Today's the triumph of Good over bad; ............. But what about the wastage in much ways?,,,,, True joy is when you see someone else smile!!!!!!!!!! True charity gives joy in Heav'nly style,,,,,,,,,,,, Sir ----wish u very happy diwali ---- we accept pains ,, that too our own only ,,,its always a conscious decision to see us right in all prevailing situations ,,,,,itz people ...more
Answered by RAJESH, 16 Oct '09 02:51 pm

(1)
 (1)
6.

Not always... some are self invited and some are self inflicted ... those who try to put the blame elsewhere actually behave like an ostrich in distress, just by hiding yur face from the trouble we can't hide from it.

There are times when without our doing or undoing some hurt lands upon us... deservedly or undeservedly.
Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 30 Oct '09 01:08 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Shintz, quite coincidentally I had attended a seminar of similar nature in University and I was so impressed by the nature of discussion and later even contacted the guest lecturer to discuss upon some more features of the problem. I remember I had noted some points too to make it an independent paper at later stage, though it didn`t materialize. I think I can make use of those points (to some extent) while trying to give (though not a perfect one) an answer to this take.

But let me remind you forthwith that your kind of statement, upon being read, can arouse the emotions, they could also seduce the person into drawing conclusions that may be hasty (sometimes leading to the fatal results); therefore erroneous. It is, according to my readings, wise to observe caution in explicating the sentimentally of the person firmly believing in some principle. I think only logic-based analysis could systematically instruct or lead the matter at hand. To me this is typical human psychology and w ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 10 Oct '09 11:24 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

We are our own enemies
Answered by kamini joshi, 04 Dec '10 11:43 am

(0)
 (0)
9.

Yes,it is mostly so
Answered by anil garg, 14 Mar '10 07:28 pm

(0)
 (0)
10.

What i have learned from life is that just forget and forgive the bad experiences/people . i use to get hurt and use to get depressed with people and situations.......but now it dosen't matter, if i get angry or feel bad about something i just take out my frustation by talking to someone or doing things i like,close the matter there , don't take it on heart all the life.....dil bahut chota hai aur kushiyan aur acche log bahut saare isme shikwe shikayat ki jagah mat rakho............
Answered by shashank sharma, 21 Oct '09 10:19 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

We have people who want to know all about through the research on one side and people who claim to know all about on the second... First are taking th..more

Answered by Mickey